New to site and want to make some friends

Options
:smile: Hey, just started with this but have been trying to lose weight pretty much my whole life..anybody out there in the same boat??? Let's chat.

Replies

• KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site, and this is the first time I've been successful at losing weight. Good luck on your journey!
  • shell3
    shell3 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks so much......congrats on your weightloss to date.....hope to chat again real soon. Bye for now!!!
  • shrinky
    shrinky Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there...I'm new too : ) and definitely in the same boat.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard! You can do this,,, just choose to do it, and do it.

This is easy - here's all ya' gotta do:

Cook smart, lotsa good filling stuff. Some fruits, lotsa veggies, some grains-cereals, some starchy stuff, some lean meat. Almost nothing fried (and certainly nothing batter dipped & deep fried), and very very little pastry/cakey stuff.

Count your calories accurately with the food guide here, and stay as close to your calorie allowance as you reasonably can. If you cook properly you shouldn't be too uncomfortable on the calorie allowance MFP will give you.

Get some exercise - work that gym, walk a little every day, something - that's a huge help. Remember to log your exercise and eat at least some (I eat most) of your exercise calories. Exercise is a self-feeding phenomenon. If you push yourself to do just a little today (it's supposed to be hard,,, it's exercise ) then you'll feel better about it and it'll be easier to do it again tomorrow. Then in a week you'll be able to do more, and it'll start to get fun. In a year you might be running 10k's,,, it's up to you.

And drink your water!

That's it, piece o' cake. Wife and I have been doing it for about a year now and we've done well. Lost about 130 pounds between us, and we're in much better shape. You can do it too.

"Do - or do not. There is no 'try"
    Yoda.
  • seesylrun
    seesylrun Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new on here too (today is my one week anniversary) and I LOVE this site. So many great people and excellent tools. Stick with it and you WILL lose the weight.
  • idagail
    idagail Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi
    Just starting this site to keep track of everything - lost 60 pounds last year - gained 10 back over the holidays and now want to lose 40 this year in a sensible, healthy way!
  • sjb5577
    sjb5577 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a wonderful website. You are off to a great start by just being here!
  • hmwth
    hmwth Posts: 25
    Options
    Track everything you eat, good or bad and it will not take long to realize where your problem areas are and help you make changes. I only post weight losses rather than posting ups and downs. I find it much more encouraging even thought some losses may be far apart. Good Luck
  • ClareHill6
    Options
    Today is my first day too!!! Thought i would check it out.. It is kind of intriguing seeing the calories up there in front of u, i guess those glasses of wine at night do count for something :)

Good luck
  • becky123456
    becky123456 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am new too, only about 10 days and I see a difference already.. I think I am in control LOTS better now that I am putting every thing I eat in the diary and watching calories and sodium.. It's been a really helpful website and the people are very supportive. good luck!
  • smilogirl
    smilogirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    welcome!! I'm new here too... just joined yesterday
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    welcome everyone! :drinker:

feel free to add me if you like :heart:
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm new too (2 weeks, maybe?) and it really does help to track everything you eat. For instance, I knew those little frozen hash brown patties were on the weight watchers menu. And i LOVE them! So I track them.... little did I realize how much damage I did by eating FOUR of them for brunch. (See - telling the embarrasing truth here!) WW meant ONE would be nice for breakfast. Those calories for FOUR was, um, impressive!
  • zionjeannine
    zionjeannine Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Hello new as well. Welcome. I have been here for about a week...awesome so far. Best wishes and stick to it.
  • newstart6010
    Options
    also new here...I have the same problem..probably have taken all the diet products out there..I am a yoyo dieter..and can't control my appetite..I eat anytime for any reason...back in Sept I was 156 lbs now 184lbs.