Lose 15 pounds by New Year?

Options
i'm trying to lose 15 by January 1st, will anyone join me?
weight loss is so much easier with support.

<3

Replies

• wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to try to loose 15lbs in 21/2 weeks?
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Are you planning on not eating?? 15lbs.. with holidays.. nope
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Um... NO.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    no, not gonna happen ..... but just eat healthier & get some exercise ...... you'll lose some weight :flowerforyou:
  • kjjm08
    kjjm08 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    That's a good amount of weight to lose in just 19 days. I'm aiming for a 4-5 lb loss at the most :) But good luck OP.
  • phildawson75
    phildawson75 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    So losing one pound is the equivalent of 3500 calories.

That's 52,500 calories I need to save for 15 lbs.

My TDEE is 1900 so I need to not eat anything for 27 days straight. Bugger.

Unless you are 300+ pounds I'd say it would be tough (and foolish) for anyone to attempt.

I'd say 2-5 lb is probably a more realistic goal unless your planning on cutting off maybe an arm.

:|
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I wish I could but no way could I lose 15 lbs in that short amount of time! I'm hoping for a 6-7 lb loss though. Pushing hard to get there but I know even that won't be easy peasy.
  • trainingdirty
    trainingdirty Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I should've made this more clear -- I've been a huge couch potato for a month, so getting back to my diet & excersize routine and sticking with it will actually make this goal achievable for me.

But you can aim to lose however much weight you want! 1, 5, 10: it all counts [:
  • MRL1107
    Options
    I'm game. I'll be on your team! It'd be nice to have someone to give me an extra push to stay on track and motivate me when I'm feeling sluggish.
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm going for 4.6 lbs by New Year's. I really want to be able to say I lost 50lbs in 2012 :-) You can add me if you want.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I should've made this more clear -- I've been a huge couch potato for a month, so getting back to my diet & excersize routine and sticking with it will actually make this goal achievable for me.

But you can aim to lose however much weight you want! 1, 5, 10: it all counts [:
    Sorry, but that isn't how thermogenesis works. You have a limit to how much fat mass you realistically can "lose" in a 24 hour period: the formula for this is 30 calories x lbs of fat mass. As of right now, I have about 31 lbs of fat mass. So my max deficit in which fat would be oxidized is 930. Unfortunately, that is too large of a deficit for me to maintain and would result in substantial loss of lean body mass. For me, anything greater than a 375 calorie deficit wouldn't be beneficial.

I suggest you set some realistic goals. If all you wish to lose is 15 lbs, then set your MPF goal to lose 0.5 lbs per week. It will allow you to eat the maximum amount of calories to lose the realistic amount of fat while preserving as much lean body mass as possible and not causing havoc to your endocrine system.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    NO
  • starvinkevin
    Options
    Um you can lose 15 lbs in 3 weeks... if you do an extremely low carb diet. I've lost 12 lbs in 1.5 weeks in the past using low carb + extremely low calories so it's not impossible though not recommended.... sure half of it may be water but it still is weight and water weight makes you look BLOATED

BTW I am doing a 1400 calorie, < 80 g/day low carb diet - started Tuesday, down 8 lbs WITH a high carb cheat day on Sunday.
  • konjit
    konjit Posts: 16
    Options
    im with you. a start is a start!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    NO thank you.

I hope you have a lot of energy, or muscle to burn. To lost that much FAT would require a calorie deficit equal to running a marathon every single day between now and New Years. Good luck with that.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Um you can lose 15 lbs in 3 weeks... if you do an extremely low carb diet. I've lost 12 lbs in 1.5 weeks in the past using low carb + extremely low calories so it's not impossible though not recommended.... sure half of it may be water but it still is weight and water weight makes you look BLOATED

BTW I am doing a 1400 calorie, < 80 g/day low carb diet - started Tuesday, down 8 lbs WITH a high carb cheat day on Sunday.

Please stop with this nonsense.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Try 70+% water.
  • starvinkevin
    Options
    How is it nonsense if it works?

Please stop with this nonsense.
  • starvinkevin
    Options
    Uh no I kept that 12 lbs off for SIX months - how can it be all water? Also I dropped 2% BF as measured by fat calipers.

Try 70+% water.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm still over 300 pounds started five months ago at 425 and doubt that I will be able to drop that even working out two hours per day and being very diligent about calorie intake. If you are my size or larger and just starting you might be healthy in dropping that much... I'm kicking my butt to try and doubt I'll do it. My recommendation is to be happy being lighter on New Year's Day than you are today with the holidays and all of the lovely temptations of the holidays, Christmas, Quanzaa, Hanukah and Festivus (For the rest of us)...