How many times do you do it each week?

Options

Replies

• portwein
    portwein Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My wife and I rarely go out to eat, maybe once every two weeks. We think our food is better than most restuarants, especially fast food. Between the two of us, we cook breakfast and dinner everyday. We really enjoy our time in the kitchen together.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Of course I mean cook dinner. I have a husband, 3 kids a dog and a cat. I cook almost every day. My husband works construction and comes home STARVING. He wants hot, home made food. Truthfully, I prefer my own cooking over fast food too. Not to mention it is more economical. So, how many times a week do you cook or do you cook at all?

Most every days. Once a week might go out to eat and those days are almost always on the weekends.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Darnit, I only came in here for the doing it. I was robbed!!! :sad:

That being said, I hate to cook. LoL. I do it as little as possible. Luckily for me, my 19yo loves to cook, so he cooks several times a week. We only eat out maybe twice a month or so.
  • Susanthecatwhisperer
    Options
    My hubby & I both work full time. No kids, but multiple cats. We share cooking, I do most dinners. I LOVE my crock pot! It's easy to put ingredients in it, and come home to a hot meal. I also have an occasional food preparation day. I'll get multiple meals prepared, and freeze them. We go out to dinner about 2-3 times a month.
    I also want to mention, that when I was a child (about 10 years old), I was responsible for making dinner for the family once a week. I usually picked very easy recipes, like tacos, or meat loaf. Perhaps your kids are old enough to introduce them to helping in the kitchen? Mom taught me how to make scrambled eggs when I was around 4 (under very strict supervision).
  • mercymarque
    Options
    I cook everyday I'm home. I work two jobs so this week I will only cook four days because i work two days and Saturday is my oldest son's 17th bday. He wants to go out so that's what were going to do.
  • tnrown87
    tnrown87 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I try to cook 4 meals on Saturday and they usually last me until Friday. I live an hour and forty-five minutes from my job, so its imperative that my meals are planned out so I won't eat fast food.
  • norabeth
    norabeth Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I work 4 10-12 hours days, so on my days off I cook 2-3 meals so me and my husband can have a home cooked meal every night. Makes brown bagging it very easy that way. :-) :-). I made chicken and dumplings tonight and half went in the freezer.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    If I don't cook enough for leftovers, it is usually 2 to 3 meals per day 7 days per week.
  • Vanessa123080
    Vanessa123080 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    7 days a week but i hate to cook so anytime hubby wants to step in for me, i let him lol We have 4 kids so eating at home is the best/only option for us.
  • April175
    Options
    Awww I was on the other train with this post ...lol I cook at least five times a week
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    7 days a week. I don't eat fast food, so where else would my food come from? :)
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    Mostly 6 days a week. My husband is a vegeterian and the kids aren't. I make meals for my hubby that will last him several days. The kids eat typical kid foods. I used to let them get McDonald's to get a Happy Meal but most of the time we eat at home. They bring their lunches to school. We do eat out when we go to a Theme Park (Busch Gardens Tampa )
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I cook 2-3 times a week. I try to prepare most of my meals on Sunday so I don't have to cook much during the week. It's just me and my new husband.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    What do you define as cooking?
    I rarely get a pan and make a meal from scratch as I tend to live on steamed vegetables (done in microwave) and poached fish, cottage cheese, eggs, beans, eggs(already hard boiled) and avocado. Sometimes a ready prepared carrot and swede mash.
    I wish I had some idea as to what one can make quickly from scratch.
    I can't even make an omelette... my one attempt resulted in a scrambled mess.
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    WHOA. I totally missunderstood the topic of this thread by the title. Heads up - I'm probably not going to be the only one.
    Were you thinking sexual relations too? :blushing: Oh my! You scamp!
    Ditto I do it 7 days a week at least twice a day.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    7. The only time I don't is if I don't feel like eating that day.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I cook dinnert approx. 4 times a week. The other days, we eat the leftovers.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    3 times a day and 7 days a week, unless we are going out for dinner! Then we do it afterwards too. lol
  • sndiane
    sndiane Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    about 3 times a week. I make a fresh dinner for Sunday. Monday morning I put in a slow cook meal. We will usually have that a couple time a week. Make something for a change on Wednesday.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    4-5. There's only me. Usually Sun-Thurs are at home meals, while Fri and Sat are take out.