Elliptial vs. Treadmill

2»

Replies

• nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Hehe I know it's not one of the options, but I love the AMT (Adaptive Motion Trainer)! It's like doing both at once!

I have to agree, I normally do this for cardio and its tough but its a great work out
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Both have their advantages, but if you're not training to run, then do whichever you don't get bored at. Or whichever one kicks out a higher calorie burn on your HRM.

ETA: Just switch it up after awhile so the body doesn't get used to the same thing day in and day out.
  • bdradtke
    bdradtke Posts: 8 Member
    I use both just to switch it up from time to time. I generally burn 50% more calories running on the treadmill v. the elliptical per mile or 10 minutes of workout, but I get a good burn from both.
  • I do both, but treadmill feels harder to me. With elliptical, you can coast on a low resistance, so I try to pump up the resistance to compensate. When I started back at the gym in July, I generally kept resistance at a 5 or 6. Now, I push resistance to at least an 8, more often 9, and do intervals with resistance at 10 or 11.
  • freasabreze
    freasabreze Posts: 97 Member
    I have both and I love my treadmill. My elliptical seems hard to me. Maybe its just my machine. I prefer the treadmill.
  • hi i agree you definitely burn more calories quicker on the elliptical and you can keep your heartrate up.
  • xtinadaniellex3
    xtinadaniellex3 Posts: 5 Member
    Hehe I know it's not one of the options, but I love the AMT (Adaptive Motion Trainer)! It's like doing both at once!

i JUST started getting really into this machine actually. when i posted this topic, i had never used one before. but my gym got new equipment and rearranged everything and one day when i went in i couldn't find the elliptical anymore lol. and i saw this so i tried it out and i actually like it. i usually do the interval setting between 10 and 5 (it moves it up and down for you every couple of minutes).
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    I like both of them...but my knees complain when I use the treadmill.