I have a peanutbutter addiction

Options

Replies

• thehealthfitress
    thehealthfitress Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had a peanut butter addiction too. What I did was having one day a week where I would eat one meal that included peanut butter. I could spend the whole week planning it and when I wanted so I just thought "I can have it on Saturday". This way your regulating it and you're not depriving yourself. I'm happy to say that today I can have it when ever I want and not overindulge. Good luck!
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    <PB2 queen, seriously- friend me and see my diary.

Anyway join the club.

Seriously. There should be an actual club for Pb addiction

+1
  • drea85an
    drea85an Posts: 130
    Options
    I think you need an intervention.... :smile:
    Btw

06D00350-A1C2-403F-9DAD-B5ADEBB3EC08-5124-0000067668865230_zps8761262c.jpg

I also keep a jar at work
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    Btw

hahahahha

i thought im the only one xD
  • alikona22
    alikona22 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    **Stands up**. Hello, my name is Allison, and I have been sober from peanut butter for...25 minutes. Legit, I'm an addicted and would binge hardcore on peanut butter. I would refrain from buying it. OR buy the single serving containers/packs (like Jiff to-go). That way I would know when I hit my 2 tablespoon amount.

For any food I binge on (pasta, ice cream, peanut butter, bread) I have several tricks: don't buy it, buy it in single-serving sizes, buy it and portion into single servings, FREEZE extra servings (takes more effort to defrost).

Looks like there's quite a few people who have peanut butter addiction. Funny thing is, my sister has the PB2 in the cabinet but I haven't tried it yet. She uses it in her chocolate protein shakes (OM NOM NOM!). Definitely going to try it out though!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I think you need an intervention.... :smile:
    Btw

NEVER!
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    try nutella and peanutbutter sammiches! those are the shiznit.
  • Mutant13
    Options
    Ha Maqsmj, you are not alone!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i want peanut butter now.
    if you crave it, have some. agree with others, you can either find a lower cal version like pb2, or instead of having it on bread you can eat it straight up or have it on apple slices. it's not bad for you, and if it really is a problem then maybe stop buying it for a while
  • BBehnke84
    BBehnke84 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    <PB2 queen, seriously- friend me and see my diary.

Anyway join the club.

Seriously. There should be an actual club for Pb addiction

Umm yes! Haha let's do it

Yes Yes!
    And we shall eat peanut butter on our Oreos!

Oh my, I think my mouth just orgasmed a little bit....
  • BBehnke84
    Options
    Btw

This...is pure epicness....*stands in awe*
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I can't stop eating it... i tried a new kind with just one ingridient. peanuts. and i can't stop eating it. the past few days i've been eating it so uncontrollably it's horrible im down 3/4 a jar in about 3 days...i still want it but how can i keep it to just on a sandwhich or just on some toast in the morning and not a spoonful or 2 after every meal e.e
    I use to crush whole jars. I had to stop buying it.

I can't stop buying it.... spoonfuls of peanutbutter and honey is a really ****ing retarded snack
    The peanut butter scare stopped me. I use to buy the Costco Brand (Kirkland) Natural Peanut Butter. Man, I use to tear that stuff up. During prep, I ate like 4 jars. When they stopped carrying it, I stopped buying. All the other brands I have tried doesn't compare. Am I the only one who doesn't stir their jar?
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on a Reese's Peanut butter cup, Yummmmm :happy:
  • Mutant13
    Options
    BBehenke- this is actually a dwindling supply for me. Im waiting on a fresh delivery!
  • mkim3138
    Options
    24024733_1010.jpg

I always have peanut butter co - white chocolate wonderful & dark chocolate dreams close by lol
  • Mutant13
    Options
    I wish I could get peanut butter co stuff here
  • BBehnke84
    Options
    BBehenke- this is actually a dwindling supply for me. Im waiting on a fresh delivery!

Haha! I wanna be like you when I grow up
  • uscdrj
    uscdrj Posts: 18
    Options
    A teaspoon of PB with some whipped cream on top.....YUMMY.....and a good pre workout snack.....tastes like peanut butter pie
  • Mutant13
    Options

Haha! I wanna be like you when I grow up

Heheheh
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Stop buying it, I guess. Seems the most obvious solution to me. Maybe try something like almond butter - or just raw peanuts, even.

A lot of people seem to have addictions to PB... Never got that. Hopefully, other people here on MFP (who actually like the stuff) will be able to provide better advice.
    I too am a PB addict....spoonfuls and spoonfuls. My solution was to not NOT NOT buy it!!! You can't eat it if it isn't in the house. I do keep PB2 and Almond Butter. I also recently purchased raw chasew butter. For some reason I can stay out of those. BTW I am also addicted to Fat Free Reddi Whip! I have been known to take a spoonful of peanut butter and squirt Reddi Whip on top. Neither item is in my house!!! :)