When to Eat Breakfast?

Options
I was just wondering, is it better to eat breakfast as soon as you wake up or to wait a little while?

Replies

• Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I read something about the general rule being within an hour of waking up.

I take a shower first after waking up and then I have breakfast.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    When you want to? ...
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    When you want to eat breakfast. There isn't a 'right' and 'wrong' way to do everything. Just eat when you want.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i eat it at about noon
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    .32 seconds right after I get up. If before that, I get fat. If after that, I get fat.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    It's completely up to you. Which way suits you best?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Define breakfast.....if you consider it the first meal of the day, then for me it's between 2-5 am. I work nights and it just depends on how busy I am. I don't have a set lunch break time at my work. On my days off from work, i.e. I sleep at night and wake up like normal people, I hit the gym and have breakfast afterwards, usually around 11 am. I puked once from having breakfast first and then hitting the gym. Never again.
  • MonkeyBars
    MonkeyBars Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    it's your decision! I like to train @ 6amish and then eat after! Some advocate you should eat within 20 mins of a work out etc...!

I've read numerous papers on this, mostly without scientific evidence.

I now believe it's your choice....
    Have a read of this anyway.....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/meal-timing/#axzz2EvsWMbUr
  • TheLittleLebowski
    Options
    I never eat my first meal until 12ish, I get up 8ish most days, go to lectures, and then have my meal.
    I rarely feel hungry first thing in the morning.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I've read within an hour. During the week I don't eat breakfast until I get to work, usually 2+ hours after getting up. I just can't eat breakfast at 5am. Weekends its usually within an hour after getting up. I'm still losing weight.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I have to eat immediately after I get up, or it is the end of the world as far as I'm concerned. I do not screw around when it comes to breakfast ;)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    when you're hungry
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I eat my breakfast on the way to the gym about an hour 1.5 hours after I wake up. :) Its usually a smoothie and a granola bar.
  • puddy29
    Options
    i eat when i get to work about two hours after i've been up. like everyone else i think it's your choice
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    When you want to? ...
    this......sometimes I'm hungry like crazy when i first wake up in the morning, so I eat. Other mornings I'm not hungry for about a hour or so. So I wait.
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I think its recommended that you eat within a hour of waking up--it's called "break-fast" for a reason...gotta wake up that metabolism! Obviously everyone is different but I think that if you wait/don't eat, you could run the risk of overeating later. JMP though. I run 8 miles in the morning so I have to eat within 45 minutes of that other wise I pretty much pass out.
  • sarahxx68
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'd always been told as soon as you wake up you have to eat. I like to workout right when I wake up or I know I won't later, so I typically eat after that, so usually an hour after waking up.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    when you're hungry

^that
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Just before sunrise is best.

It is known.