Ripped in 30 anyone??

Options
Hey everyone! I just finished the 30 Day Shred the other day, and wanted to try something new, so I got Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 and started it tonight. Wondering if anyone else would care to join me? It took me nearly 60 days to finish the 30 day shred, but I'm hoping to be better about only missing once/twice a week with this one...I have motivation because we are headed to the beach as a family in a little over a month! :) Please feel free to add me as a friend, and maybe we can encourage each other!! :)

Replies

• pandaparty
    pandaparty Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just finished my last day of 30DS last night! I also ordered Ripped in 30 yesterday and it should be here today. (Love that Amazon Prime free shipping!)

I did 30DS in 30 days straight. :tongue: So I'm thinking today may be happy hour and just the cardio I get walking to, from, and around work as a little celebration.

How was the first day? I'll definitely be doing it soon, if not today!
  • sboling79
    sboling79 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It's not bad, especially after coming off of Level 3 of the Shred. But it's longer--about 35 minutes total with warm up and cool down. I enjoyed a change of pace from the Shred. Did Day 2 of Ripped in 30 last night and hoping to do it again tonight! Good luck!!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I all ready did Ripped, but am replying to bump this up for you...

I did 30DS, then Ripped in 30. I liked Ripped FAR better than 30DS. It was tough, still, but I had at least gained some level of fitness from 30DS beforehand and I think that helped a lot. I'm kind of addicted to Jillian workouts, apparently. lol After Ripped I did Kickbox FastFix, 6 Week 6 Pack, and am now finishing up with Killer Abs. Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I've got 7 days left of 30 day shred but really want to do ripped after that so I'll have to catch up with you guys!is the video 35 minutes or the workout? Cause 30ds is only 20 so i imagine ripped will be a lot harder!
  • barb_32
    barb_32 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day with the Ripped in 30, it was a good workout and I felt good after completing it. I have just finished the 30 day shred, so I think that helped with keeping pace and I found it easier than I was expecting to. But great workout and I will continue to follow the routine. Anyone else out there begining this?
  • Stacyplus5
    Options
    Im starting my second week of ripped in 30 today. I did 30 ds also.
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through RI30 - starting week 3 of it in a few mins! Feel free to add me :o)
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    can someone please give me a summary of Ripped in 30 - how does it differ to 30DS?

I tried to find RI30 on YT but didn't have much luck but I will try again when I am back home
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    can someone please give me a summary of Ripped in 30 - how does it differ to 30DS?

I tried to find RI30 on YT but didn't have much luck but I will try again when I am back home

Same 3-2-1 concept. 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, 1 minute abs. This one has 4 weeks of workouts versus 3 weeks like 30DS does. The moves are simular to 30DS but some of the moves are a bit more "advanced". Each week seems to focus on a different area of the body. I just finished week 3 last week and think that was upper legs and shoulders week, for example. Week 4 might be abs, I started yesterday and my abs are so sore today from all the planks. Those seem to be the major differences. She also does not pause between moves as much as she does in 30DS, its more go go go. Same annoying banter, same horrible music. I like RI30 better in my opinion.

:)
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    Options

Same 3-2-1 concept. 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, 1 minute abs. This one has 4 weeks of workouts versus 3 weeks like 30DS does. The moves are simular to 30DS but some of the moves are a bit more "advanced". Each week seems to focus on a different area of the body. I just finished week 3 last week and think that was upper legs and shoulders week, for example. Week 4 might be abs, I started yesterday and my abs are so sore today from all the planks. Those seem to be the major differences. She also does not pause between moves as much as she does in 30DS, its more go go go. Same annoying banter, same horrible music. I like RI30 better in my opinion.

:)

fantastic, thanks !! LOL @ same horrible music...it is kinda cheesy huh
  • angeliqueann
    angeliqueann Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i finished the shred. i didn't do 30 days straight. I think i was off a couple of days.

Right now I am doing another round of 30 day shred. with Ripped in 30.

I am doing 2 weeks of each level for ripped in 30 because I am taking 2 days off each week.

I'll be in week 3 tomorrow for ripped in 30, level 2. and the shred level 2. I hate level 2 lol.

feel free to add me! =D
  • angeliqueann
    angeliqueann Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i also lost an inch already off my waist doing both for 10 days. =D
  • masumaj
    masumaj Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    so i decided to do the 30ds which i have done before and got great results but i also have RI30...so i thought ill give that a try going back to my workouts for a second time....i reallly want results
  • sboling79
    sboling79 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm just now seeing these responses, so sorry! I'm excited to have friends doing this with me! I just did Day 4 of RI30 tonight (missed a day or so with all the drama of the shooting, my heart just wasn't into working out the past couple days). The other big difference I've noticed with this so far is that each move is only 30 seconds. That makes it more doable in my eyes--even if it's a super hard move, at least it's only 30 seconds, you know? Please feel free to add me as a friend if you haven't! We can do this!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I love the Jillian Michaels workouts! I haven't done Ripped in 30, only 30DS and Yoga Meltdown.
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to do Yoga Meltdown after 30ds over christmas. The whole family will be there so no room for jump squats etc :P But I'll start it up in the new year instead. looking forward to it though
  • Idka81
    Idka81 Posts: 42
    Options
    Just started week two. I've done the 30DS a couple of times, and so for like RI30 better. Mainly because of the fact that it allows you a day or two of rest instead of forcing you to commit every day, especially if you are busy. It's challenging, but not impossible. I'm already seeing some slight definition in my arms that definitely wasn't there a week before and lost about .25 inches of my waist since I started.
  • kmakar
    kmakar Posts: 103
    Options
    I did 30DS this fall and am halfway through week 2 of RI30. I seem to be doing 3 days on, 1 day off. Each workout seems a little bit longer than 30DS, but that might be my imagination, or the warmup/cooldown is longer? I am using heavier weights for RI30 (7.5- 12.5 lbs) than I did for shred, which makes it a harder upper body workout for me.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    Options
    I love the Jillian Michaels workouts! I haven't done Ripped in 30, only 30DS and Yoga Meltdown.

same, I enjoy as well. I am half way through level 2 30ds, have done a couple of Yoga meltdown and 1 go of the Banish Body fat one which was tough but fun !

Also her commentry doesn't really bother me during the sessions, I would rather she talked than silence tbh.
  • masumaj
    masumaj Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    What's your opinion if I said I want to spend about a month on each level to get max results....I started day 1 of level one today