Is Christmas going to be a free day for you?

Options

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I'm going to wake up, run 10k and then eat what I like all day. Should minimise the damage and it is only 1 day after all!

My plan as well :tongue:

IF we don't do what we normally do on Christmas Eve since I'm starting Insanity on Monday I'm more than likely going to get up early and do the assigned workout.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    We're having a big potluck party xmas eve so I'm planning on enjoying my night (A LOT)..but eating fruit/veg smoothies for breakfast & lunch to make sure I get my nutrients in and I'm not starving! I'll also workout in the morning too, the gym is open until noon! Christmas is more low key so I plan to get back to my healthy eating ways..have to fit into that NYE dress :smile:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Seeing as how I finally lost weight after Thanksgiving after about a two month stall, I'm looking forward to the unusual surplus of calories I'll be getting to jog things.

And by "looking forward," I mean "gagging for," and by, "jog things," I mean spiked eggnog.
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to be a treat day, but I'll still be in control of my portion sizes :smile: One day won't hurt!
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    I'm not logging Eve OR Day and I'm going to stuff my face as much as I possibly can. Pretty much what I did on Thanksgiving.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking it might be since Thanksgiving was a free day off. Enjoying those moments are amazing but also gives me a day to relax and not think so much on what I should and should not eat.
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'll be up early and pedaling my exercise bike for at least an hour, that should allow me a tasty bowl of trifle after my turkey dinner, and maybe even some shortbread and a couple of choc truffles. If I go over then it will be Zumba before bedtime :bigsmile:
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I don't do free days and tend to consider holidays like "any day of the year"....but then again, I am pretty boring and probably need to step out of my boring box lol. Enjoy the holidays! I might more if I had more people with whom to spend them. :drinker:
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Ha, I just realised that Chrissy must be even more of a challenge for those from the states with the cold weather! It's summer here! A bit easier to avoid the steamy puddings and crispy potatoes ;)
  • e001w
    e001w Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    No. Me and the wife are skipping the family get together and going to see her grandmother for lunch (she's a 2 hours away.) So we won't be eating to bad. And I still plan on hitting the treadmill that day.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    the real questions is:

WWJD?

Probably cry, burp, and poop that wonderful baby tarry stuff.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    lol, than everyday would be Christmas!
  • tiffany5839
    tiffany5839 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I'm piggin out :)

Me Too! lol
  • azjenny72
    azjenny72 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve I will eat light all day and then that night we go to my cousins and I will be probably consuming alot of calories in alcohol but since I don't drink often I'm going to enjoy... Christmas day shouldn't be too bad but I will be having our traditional Chinese take out...

New years Eve I will eat light again all day and then we have a tradition with my son to eat appetizers for dinner so I'm not going to log that either... plus a glass of wine

I'm not worried about those three days because I will do my best to get my exercise in and eat well the rest of the time
  • Katie22222
    Katie22222 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm preparing lots of different, delicious but healthy food so that I don't have to count calories but it's still not a cheat day.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    the real questions is:

WWJD?
    Are people suppose to know what WWJD stands for? Starting to hate acronym's
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I plan to eat at maintenace from Sunday 12/23 to Sunday 12/30. I will log but not be strict (or stupid about food). We are doing Christmas stuff 12/23-12/25 then hunting out of town 12/27-12/30 so my options are going to be limited.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Not a chance. I am going to be more careful than any other day of the year. I need to prove that I can make even a day like Christmas not about food.

But, I am a food addict. Having a binge on Christmas would be like getting drunk or smoking a swisher. Not doing either this year.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Good idea, usually when I take a day off I don't even log but I am going to just to see how I do.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Going to eat all the things.