Yoga for beginners!

Options
Does anyone have a favorite DVD that starts out slow for people like me?

And I'm doing it in my living room. Would it benefit me to buy a mat, or does it not matter all that much?

Replies

• dualcollision
    dualcollision Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    DDP Yoga: It ain't yo grandma's yoga!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    $8 at Target. Jillian Michaels Power Yoga.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a favorite DVD that starts out slow for people like me?

And I'm doing it in my living room. Would it benefit me to buy a mat, or does it not matter all that much?

You need a mat so you don't slip and hurt yourself and to provide extra padding for knees and spine. Amazon has some great ones with free shipping.
  • dualcollision
    dualcollision Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    DDP Yoga video

WARNING: Is very inspiring and might bring tears!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448
  • jeepyj93
    jeepyj93 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I bought my mat at Winners for $20. It really helps so you don't slip. I just started Yoga last month and I really think it is worth taking some classes before you try it on your own. The instructor will come around and correct your poses.
  • 57bargur
    Options
    I don't know what you meant by "people like me" but I have been taking a gentle yoga class for years and I love it. I have arthritis and it is quite beneficial. And also, I agree you need a mat, and probably should take a class before trying it on your own.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you meant by "people like me" but I have been taking a gentle yoga class for years and I love it. I have arthritis and it is quite beneficial. And also, I agree you need a mat, and probably should take a class before trying it on your own.

Beginners who are slow and not experienced in the slightest.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Get a waffle yoga mat! :)