I'm really craving PIZZA....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
Help im am craving pizza so bad, but im trying to stick to my 1200 cal diet, any suggestions on how to get this pizza monkey off my back?????

Replies

• michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    make a healthy one, pita pocket or ezekial engish muffin or something like that, low fat cheese, turkey pepperoni and veggies....if you use jarred sauce read the labels - some have tons of sugar...
  • Jsiple87
    Jsiple87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Make a healthy one OR just have pizza. That might sound bad to hear but if your body is craving it then have it. You need to change your relationship with food. Yes eat healthy but have a cheat day as well. Stressing over if you want pizza or if you had pizza with just make you gain weight as well.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Eat a piece of pizza. Accompany with a side salad with vinagrette or lemon and pepper for fewer calories. Ta da!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    eat the pizza! what on earth? pizza is NOT a bottle of fat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a little bit of c arbs which your body can use for energy right away.
    If you get one with any veggies on it, that counts.
    It has protein, healthy fat and sodium which is also necessary. the tomato sauce is FULL of good things your body needs.

I cannot for the life of me understand who on earth taught soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many people that salad is good and pizza will prevent you from ever losing weight.

eat two or three slices. not the whole pizza.

THE END.

or make these :bigsmile:

mini+pizzas.jpg
  • kriegeli
    Options
    Try Amy's in the frozen food section. They are by the Lean Cuisines, Smart Choices, etc. Margherita pizza is DELICIOUS! Only about 400 calories for a personal sized pizza, and all whole, organic ingredients. I absolutely love them.

Or, just have some pizza. Allow yourself to have one or two slices, and just make sure you eat healthy the rest of the day. If you don't give in to your cravings, you will end up binging later!
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You cant really look at it as a diet. You have to figure this is something you are going to do for life. If you want a piece of pizza then go ahead and have one. As long as you know you can stop at one or two. If you go over a few calories once in a while you will still be ok. As I said this will be a lifestyle change and you wont give up pizza for the rest of your life so enjoy :) I think if you deprive yourself of any food when you finally do eat it you will end up going hog wild on it. I have pizza when I want it as well as fast food from time to time. I just do it a whole lot less than I used to. Also try to figure out your BMR and TDEE and see if 1200 is really where you need to be. MFP puts everyone at 1200. Good luck!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    unanimous. everyone says eat it.

know what'll happen if you purposefully deprive yourself of something that is unnecessary to deprive yourself of?

You'll binge and eat a whole pie.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i love pizza.

but it's also one of my binge foods.

so i have a rule.

i can order pizza about twice a week, and no more then two slices at a time. also, i usually get chicken on it, for the protein.
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    have a piece of pizza. ONE PIECE. And be done. :flowerforyou:
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Do you plan on never eating pizza ever again? If not, eat the pizza and move on the next day. Cravings can take over and that's the last thing you want. I still eat pizza, on occasions.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    dominos.com
    pizzahut.com
    papajohns.com
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You can make a great "mini pizza" with either a wrap or a pitta pocket :D It's Yum! :D
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    1 slice of cheese pizza.
  • sstephanrodriguez
    sstephanrodriguez Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have English muffin pizzas on my recipes for just this reason! I make three for myself and it's between 300-400 calories depending on how much sauce/cheese I use :)
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I never know when to stop ... so that I can eat a little more, I make a cauliflower crust (I know ... sounds yuck but it's super good) and put tons of veggies on it. Not pepperoni and sausage but kills the craving for me and my family likes it!
  • vander7679
    vander7679 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Make your own using a 100 calorie english muffin and fat free cheese. This does it for me.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Go for it!

I'm on a 1200 cal diet, and I find I am able to fit a slice of pizza into my goal every once in a while. Just keep in mind that a single slice will probably be all you get to eat for that meal, so eat it slowly, drink lots or water before and after and choose wisely throughout the rest of the day to avoid getting too hungry.
  • ElliieMental
    Options
    I'm low carbing and fully committed to having pizza toppings without the crust now - don't even miss the dough or the bloated feeling it gives me!
  • soulfulsally
    Options
    You're a guy on a 1,200 calorie diet? Do you have to go so low? It'd be a lot easier to stick with a diet if it was one that you could fit in a slice or two of pizza.