The Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Options

Replies

• crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    It's turned into a Christmas tradition for my family to go see them, they put on a good show. And since I make the lights that are doing all that crazy crap, I get to hang out with them and see the show for free. I love my job.
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    i have seen them in concert. simply amazing!!! from the light show to the singing!!! A+ all the way
  • Sassia
    Sassia Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I've only heard wizards in winter, but love it!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I LOVE their music. They have a couple of non-christmas cds out as well. I went to one of their shows about 8 years ago and it was absolutely fantastic! Completely worth it!!
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    So not a fan of TSO. It just doesn't appeal to me.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    YES. Great seasonal music and an absolutely breathtaking show!
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Love TSO. Have seen them twice but it has been a few years. Once when Darryl Pettiford was still alive
    and once after his passing. Sadly they will bypass my city this year.
    Maybe next year!
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Love them!!! I've seen them in concert every year since they first started and played only five shows in two cities. Now, we regularly travel to make sure we get to see both the East Coast "cast" and the West Coast "cast".

And I think it's awesome that they use local musicians in each city for the orchestra. I have dreams of playing my violin on stage with TSO some day...
  • y0mbo
    y0mbo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    If you've seen their Christmas show in the past, go see them again this year. They've redone their show, and somehow their set is more amazing than ever.
  • whitehairedguy64
    Options
    And Manhiem Steamroller..............................................................great music.

Extra points if you know how Manhiem Steamroller got their name.
  • hmarean
    Options
    LOVE them! I have seen them every year for the last 10 years or so. Last year was only spring show I have gone to. The other years I have always attended the Christmas show. The lasers and lights are amazing!
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I've seen them in concert 5 times. I love their music and they put on a great show!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Looooooooooooove them!!!! They just came to a venue near me but unfortunately I was unable to go! :(
  • hmarean
    Options
    And Manhiem Steamroller..............................................................great music.

[/quote

The name "Mannheim Steamroller" comes from an 18th-century German musical technique, Mannheim roller :bigsmile:
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    In my playlist every year for past decade, but have never seen in-person! "Wizards in Winter" is fave of course, but love all their holiday stuff. <Logs into Rhapsody to play right now>
  • whitehairedguy64
    Options

[/quote

The name "Mannheim Steamroller" comes from an 18th-century German musical technique, Mannheim roller

NOPE.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I don't mind most of their work but some of the songs... mostly when someone is singing - I don't like. I prefer when they stick to the instrumental stuff.
  • megamie
    megamie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm going tonight to that means you live near me!! That is so cool. We should get together.
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    It's on my bucket list....one day before I die I want to see them!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I don't mind most of their work but some of the songs... mostly when someone is singing - I don't like. I prefer when they stick to the instrumental stuff.

Have you given Christmas Canon Rock a listen? It's awesome on CD, BUT live it gave me goose flesh when the girl on the CD (no longer tours) did it live!

JM