New and in need of Friends!

Options
Hi Everyone!

I am new to the boards/site and am excited to get started here! I am looking for friends to help support me in this crazy weight loss journey. The more support the better, plus is makes it that much more fun to log on and see what everyone is up to!

My name is Alyssa, and I am about to turn 30 next month. As I posted on my profile, I was reflecting back on my twenties and realized I wasted them being over weight. I am not looking for the "Skinny" look, but more for the, "Wow, that lady is in really good shape and healthy!" My profession has somewhat held back my weight loss, I am a Kitchen manager for a major chain restaurant, so food is readily available to me ALL DAY LONG and FREE. I am required to taste 31 items during my "linecheck" in the mornings (where I taste everything to make sure it was made right) and sometimes I can get a little carried away! Lately, I have learned to literally taste, and not consume! hehe...

Well, please feel free to add me as a friend! I am looking forward to meeting all of you :-)

Alyssa

Replies

• durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome Alyssa :)

- Dustin
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Welcome.....that would be a hard job for me cause I LOVE to eat! Good luck on your journey! If I could tell you anything it would be to LOG EVERYTHING YOU EAT...it will help you be aware of what you are eating all day!
  • AlyssaStarr
    Options
    Thanks for the welcomes and friends!!! Yes, logging everything is going to be crucial for me! I now use a spoon to taste sauces instead of french baguettes! LOL....
  • wreckosaur
    Options
    Good luck! I can definitely relate - I am 31 and feel the same way about my 20's! I don't work in a kitchen, but sit at a desk all day and I feel like that helps to hold me back. Especially days like today when someone cruises through the office with a bag of popcorn that I could smell the butter on!
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    HELLO!!!!
    I am turning 30 this year too and have been reflecting on how I have "hidden" behind being overweight forever!
    I mean, I have achieved a lot in life....despite many peoples attitude that heavy people aren't motivated at anything.... My one "failure" is weight loss, not sure why but I have decided that I am comfortable "hidding" behind my rolls.... It keeps a lot of rejection away, traditionally keeps expectations low (due to above mentioned attitude of most), and usually lets me blend in to the background (which I like). However, now that I am "getting up there" I am kinda put out with myself for WASTING so much time just being blah all the time and not more dedicated/motivated in this ONE area where I really struggle.

So, since we are in a similar boat... I hope we can help support each other to reach success.

I am OLD new here though, I've been fiddling with the site for 2 years now. :embarassed:
  • juju_bee
    juju_bee Posts: 5
    Options
    Welcome Alyssa. I'm new, too. :)
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Welcome Alyssa :) I am somewhat new...been here about a month and a half.
  • raiderape
    raiderape Posts: 300
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined 2 weeks ago and have already lost some weight! I hope I can continue the battle. Welcome to MFP!
  • HMFoss
    HMFoss Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey Alyssa! I opened my dairy to the public too! I need to be watched to keep me honest. :)

I'll leave you with my fav quote...

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become." - Buddha

Live by it and you'll achieve anything.

Heather Foss