Replies

• kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Game of Thrones series is amazing...
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    The next person to say Fifty Shades of Grey or Twilight were well-written, amazing series of literature is getting the virtual ***** slap.
    Just for the record, I never claimed Fifty Shades was well written, but it WAS very entertaining.
    I don't know how they ever got an accolade! It was an abhorrence of bad scripting!

THANK YOU!!!

I agree, I don't think anyone did say Fifty Shades was well-written...but if they did, I'm right behind you on the b...slapping. I don't know how I made it through the first one. Two of my issues...she uses some word NO ONE uses in everyday life...then 2 pages later, there it is again. If you're going to use the Thesaurus to expand your clearly limited vocabulary, pick a different word once in awhile. Second...if I want to read smut...I don't want to read "my sex" 500 times to refer to the chicks ladyparts. Since when is that a synonym for hoo-ha? Seriously.

Good god I don't think I've thoroughly dealt with how much I absolutely hated this book.

ETA: My poor husband thinks it will get him more action and all it really does is get him more time listening to me b..tch about how bad this book is.

LOL. I'm sorry. I really am. :flowerforyou:
  • KLS133
    KLS133 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had to reply to this because I am reading the Game of Thrones series too. I am on A Dance with Dragons and trying to read it as slowly as I possibly can, savoring it as it is the last book out until the next one which I believe is due out in March.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. Historical, adventure, fantasty and a bit of romance. Not eveyone's cup of tea but I really loved it.

Oooh I head about this series ages ago and forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder. I'll be adding it to my goodreads list :D
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I tend to read a lot of fantasy,sci fi so my list might not appeal to you but here it is none the less!
    The Fever series by Karen Marie Moning...I can't find anything that compares even her newest book Iced was pretty damn good!

Divergent

Harry potter Series

Seventh Son by Orson Scott Card

The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa

If you like adult books with a lot of sex I recommend The Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R Ward.

I am obsessed with reading and have a goodreads account too if any of you are on there,feel free to add me!

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/9266446-laura
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Wait until you get to Storm of Swords.

I was reading that. Then I got to the red wedding, got pissed off and quit reading. I'm not sure if I'm going to pick it back up again.

GET TO THE END. TRUST ME.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    A Game of Thrones series. these books are spectacular :)
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Oh I flew through the Fifty Shades of Grey series. I read all 3 in 3 days. Couldn't put them down haha

I came here to recommend books to you but now I realize this will not be happening

Lmao!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Gawd. I mean, I actually tried to read 50 Shades. I got like 3 chapters in before I gave up.

Is it just me or did every time the main chick said "Oh my...." it reminded you of George Tekai? I mean, how could I take it seriously after that?

KFdOX.gif
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I only read mysteries. The Louise Penny, Three Pines series is wonderful. I am currently reading Keeper of Lost Causes by Jussi Adler-Olsen. It is very good too.

I Love mysteries. I like general novels too but I tend to pick up mysteries even by accident!
    I usually just go to the library and grab something with a cool cover or name and ISN'T whatever everyone is talking about at the moment.

I Just reliazed yesterday that the book I'm reading has had a TV series made out of it. I was thinking, "How funny, this character has the same name of the cop in the show my boyfriend was watching the other day..." 8D

I have a very hard time picking up the books I know everyone else has read. I've been avoiding all the James Patterson on the shelves at the library..
    I find such great and weird stories by just picking something else up instead.
  • a_better_me_for_me
    Options
    I love to read! Here are some of my favs:

All of Laurell K. Hamiltons Books

Hunger Games

Harry Potter

Love Comes Softly Series- Janette Oake

All of Paulo Coelho Books

All of Katie Macallisters Books

All of Sherrrilyn Kenyons Books

The Inheritance Cycle- Christopher Paolini

And sooooooo many more lol
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    well i am kind of addicted to books :laugh:
    but nothing wrong with that!

Fifty shades of grey though... well they could not warm me up even a bit, but to everyone their own choices!

Some of my favorite writers are Lara Adrian, Elizabeth Amber and Kerrelyn sparks.

As for my "still need to read list": Game of thrones, hunger games and kerstin gier (not sure if the last one writes only in german!)

Me too! I've read 213 books this year! and I also don't like fifty shades, but Lara Adrian Midnight series! I also love Sherrilyn Kenyon (Dark Hunter series!!!) and what about G.A. Aiken's Dragon Kin Series? In love...
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I can't two good none butt I read them 50 shades books. I like when the guy touches the gurl and it makes me feelz all tingly and such. Best series evur

EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ignore this. With spelling like that she is obviously challenged in the mental area.

'Reflected in You' is obviously 40000 times better than 50 shades.
  • cmotting
    cmotting Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    aaahahahaha! That is too much. TOO MUCH.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I have to recommend the Fever series by Karen Moning. If you like well-written occult books, these are great. The main character, Mac, really evolves throughout the series. Some people find her annoying in the first book (I didn't, I found her funny) but stick with it because she really changes. Oh, and it has the BEST male love interests ever! Barrons! He's very complex, too.

Love Karen Marie Moning's fever series, but still a bit unsure about Ice. Danny is a bit annoying, plus she is only 14, but I guess we will have to see what happens with the character. Occult and dark books; Sherrilyn Kenyon, Dark Hunters (Very Gothic) and The League series.
  • Elly829
    Elly829 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ken Follet books are the best......Pillars of the Earth
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I've read all Greg Iles books. I love them. I'm still waiting for his latest to be released.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    bookheart.jpg

I'l read just about anything. Except maybe 50 Shades of Grey or the Twilight series. Books that appear to be written by 12-year-old school dropouts with a fetish for abusive relationships are just not my cup of tea, sorry. I'm probably a little bit of a book snob. I'm ok with that. LoL, but hey, as long as you are reading. :)

Some of my favorites:
    Lord of the Rings - Tolkien
    The Red Tent - Anita Diamante
    The Moon Under Her Feet - Clysta Kinstler
    The Bluest Eye - Toni Morrison
    Anything by Marion Zimmer Bradley
    Anything by Ken Follet
    IQ84 - Haruki Murakami
    The Book Thief - Marcus Zusak
    When She Woke - Hillary Jordan
    Alias Grace - Margaret Atwood
    Fledgling - Octavia Butler