Lululemon

Options
So I kept hearing this particular brand of workout hear talked about online and at the gym and decided to check out their website.

What the frak everybody? What's the deal with this stuff?

Sure some of the stuff was nice enough looking, but jaysus, I could start building up a weight rack for at home for the price of one outfit from this brand! Does anyone actually buy this stuff?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Did you know there are a lot of people who have lots of money?
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I used to when it was local (vancouver canada). But they have gone corporate and lost their quality. I still have a pair of capris I bought when they first opened that I should have worn through by now, still kickin it. But the one I bought last year is already pilling and falling apart.

You can get way better stuff for half the price elsewhere in my opinion.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. Heard the raves. Heard it is so much better and sooo worth the money because they are quality and last. Well, I can buy 10 pair of pants for the price of one of theirs if mine fall apart. It's crazy.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    It's very very popular in Canada. I think they have some nice stuff but not worth the price. You basically pay for the brand name/logo.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my lululemons the quality IS awesome! They are expensive but I think it's worth it.
  • Simona40
    Simona40 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I dont shop there because they have nothing in my size [plus sizes] but my sister went there once [she spends a lot on clothes] and said she'd never go back because the people who work there are ridiculously happy.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I dont shop there because they have nothing in my size [plus sizes] but my sister went there once [she spends a lot on clothes] and said she'd never go back because the people who work there are ridiculously happy.

LOL! They are ridiculously happy!
  • tripn404
    tripn404 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    wait til summer...much better selection. Plus you just need to try this stuff on

and what do you wear?
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Are the clerks less ridiculously happy in the summer?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you....they give you an awesome behind!!!!!!
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you....they give you an awesome behind!!!!!!

will it make my already awesome behind even awesome-er?
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I really can't justify spending that much money on exercise clothes. There are well made alternatives out there that look great and don't cost a whole lot.
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    If you have "C" tatas or above, the bras are worth the price!
    I have 2 of them & their sox are great to run in--no blistering if you're running distance.
    I couldn't afford the pants or tops, but if I had loads of $$, I'd buy all of my running apparel from LuLu
    :)
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I love lulu lemon! Live in it! The clothes are high quality & last forever! I've been buying it for years & they all look like new! They are super flattering on & depending on what type of exercise you're Into, (yoga, running, ect) they're made sport specific. Most of the Prices arent much different than other high end name brand sports clothing. However I do agree that certain things are unreasonably inflated... I'm a trainer & live in exercise clothes, these are my work clothes. Warning, If you buy it once, you'll be addicted!!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I love the look of their stuff and there are a lot of little things on their clothes that improve the functionality of the clothes (zippers, pockets and buttons in just the perfect spot); however, their pants make me look like I have a double butt, so I can't wear them.
  • dahkneeka
    dahkneeka Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

All my workout gear is lulu... thats 3 capris, 1 long pant, 3 tanks and a sports bra.
    It has cost be quite a bit... BUT.... I have had some items as long as 10 years, and I can see another 5-10 in the future. The quality is amazing.

I would rather invest in quality product then continue to replace cheap product, but, thats just me!
  • CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I love lulu lemon! Live in it! The clothes are high quality & last forever! I've been buying it for years & they all look like new! They are super flattering on & depending on what type of exercise you're Into, (yoga, running, ect) they're made sport specific. Most of the Prices arent much different than other high end name brand sports clothing. However I do agree that certain things are unreasonably inflated...
    Warning, If you buy it once, you'll be addicted!!

he he she said inflated :)
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I love lulu lemon! Live in it! The clothes are high quality & last forever! I've been buying it for years & they all look like new! They are super flattering on & depending on what type of exercise you're Into, (yoga, running, ect) they're made sport specific. Most of the Prices arent much different than other high end name brand sports clothing. However I do agree that certain things are unreasonably inflated... I'm a trainer & live in exercise clothes, these are my work clothes. Warning, If you buy it once, you'll be addicted!!

^^^^This! Lulu rocks! You'll be hooked!! :happy:
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I love my Lulu capri yoga pants! You seriously cannot beat the quality! Totally worth the price IMO.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I bought some pants there because I had a gift card and they are so amazingly lovely. Also they make my butt look like gold.

That being said, I don't think I will ever buy anything else there (unless I get another gift card). I have a really hard time justifying paying $98 for yoga pants.