Is Christmas going to be a free day for you?

Options

Replies

• Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    the real questions is:

WWJD?
    Are people suppose to know what WWJD stands for? Starting to hate acronym's

What does that mean?
  • ninjakowski
    Options
    Going to eat all the things.

this!!
  • terrymbradley
    Options
    I thought Thanksgiving would be bad but it really wasn't so I will do the same eat normally and log everything.
  • Nelliebird1430
    Options
    Not for me!! I am trying not to let food be a celebration item or a reward. I am a totaly foodie but I am trying to change my thinking of food to FUEL, not something that tastes good. Not saying that I don't have the occasionly bad day, but to pre-plan to be bad, I can't let myself do that anymore because it starts the downhill slide..... :ohwell:
  • celamantia
    celamantia Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I managed to stay in my calorie goals on Thanksgiving. Christmas is a bit harder because it is more sweets=oriented than Thanksgiving which is more starch-oriented; it's easier for me to say no to starches than to sweets! So I will protect myself by making low-calorie oatmeal cookies and planning ahead what I am likely to eat. I may not stay within my calorie goals but as long as I stay under my BMR I should be okay. Completely letting go will set me back a week, just in time for New Year and my birthday not long after that, so taking it as a completely free day would likely set me back a month.
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Going to eat all the things.

this!!

Double this. Times infinite.
  • tiffany5839
    tiffany5839 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It took me a year to lose 60 pounds and I'm not going to gain 60 pounds in 2 days! I'm not logging anything on Christmas because I would still like to enjoy life and feel like a normal human being instead of being obsessive about it like I was in the past and that got me no where and made me feel deprived or resentful.
    I've tried to do good leading up to the holidays so I would atleast maintain my weight and it was worked so far. I love holiday food WAY too much to restrcit myself. Besides after christmas I have a whole 365 days to lose the last of my 10 lbs! To me the couple days enjoying myself is worth a week set back. I won't even weight myself until a week later since most will be water weight and if it's up a few pounds then oh well! Atleast I can say I enjoyed myself and all the food everyone made. Like someone here said, it's what you do between Jan-Nov that matters.
  • MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I don't do free days, and I always logg everything.

But I'm also not very strict with my diet, I figure as long as I'm not over my maintenance I'm doing awesome. And a candy bar or extra piece of chicken or whatever usually fits in between 1200 and 1700.
    And I tend to be full on 1200 unless I eat candy or ice cream or something.
  • jgandy13
    Options
    I am going to still watch my calories and workout, I have all plans of staying within my goals on Christmas Eve and Day, however, New Years will probably be the day I don't do so well. For one I drink an awful lot on New Years so that will really be the downfall and because of all the festive drinking I will probably not workout. But who knows, maybe I will surprise myself this year. lol!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    It won't be a free for all day, but I will enjoy more than usual....I will defenitely still try to make better choices and keep my portions small. If I go over my calories thats ok, I am still going to log it all. Will still get a workout in on Christmas day too.
  • 2wiceOver
    Options
    Nope. Go get a 1500 calorie workout and should be fine.
  • Jim1960
    Jim1960 Posts: 194
    Options
    I may go over, but probably not by much. My family is really supportive and my son (who is the main cook when he's home) will take it as a challenge to prepare a feast that is appropriate for my diet. I'm doing low carb so roasted meats and healthy low carb veggies isn't too hard to do. Bacon and butter makes all things better - if you're doing my kind of diet....

Dessert - well - I need to figure that one out. I expect that is where I'll mess up.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    No, but Christmas Eve is. My uncle makes the feast of seven fishes and I will be eating every fish!

All the fishes!!!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'm working Xmas day, so I might bring in pizza to heat up and some apple pie/mince pies =)
    I think any 'xmas dinner' will be on boxing day round my friends after work.
  • taiyola
    Options
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    going to be a free day for me.. One day should not be that bad.. I hope..lol
  • taiyola
    Options
    the real questions is:

WWJD?
    Are people suppose to know what WWJD stands for? Starting to hate acronym's

What does that mean?

What Would Jesus Do?

We have a theme night in my city called WWJD.
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    It's good to keep a log every day. I plan on keeping track of my intake, eating a little of everything but more veggies and protein and drinking a lot of water.
  • tiffrnee
    Options
    I think it will be both for me. I will watch the portions I take, but at the same time I will eat something I don't eat everyday. I will log it later, because I wont be home that night to post what I ate that night. :heart:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Nope working and no friends and family here so it'll be a same ol same ol day for me.