I walked at a moderate pace for 180 minutes (3 hours) burning 983 calories
I did 2 sets of 20 sit ups and push ups and 2 sets of 10 lunges

Totals 1,440 190 50 53
Your Daily Goal 2,613 359 86 97
Remaining 1,173 169 36 44
Calories Carbs Fat Protein
*You've earned 983 extra calories from exercise today

My goal before exercise is 1630...

There is no way to safely lose 22 lbs in 5 weeks..

Does anyone else ever notice these types of errors..

Replies

• pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    did you get the warning about going into starvation mode?
  • brunion
    brunion Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    its not an error but you cant do that everyday
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    I don't know too much about the messages that pop up, but I can certainly attest to the fact that I have safely lost 23 lbs in just over 1 month. I do the 1200 calories and if I exercise, I eat back the calories. Just had to say........
  • kimmyonherway
    kimmyonherway Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you for walking 3 hours! Wowzers. that's a long walk.
    I think there isn't a safe way to lose 22 lbs in 5 weeks, but what are the chances that you will eat, exercise and consume the same amount of water for the next 35 days? Not likely. Error, maybe. The end result might be to think about consuming more calories if you are exercising that much. Calories in, calories out....eating your exercise calories!
    Best of luck and keep up the great work.
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    well if you have 1,173 calories remaining everyday, then yes you will probably loose 22lbs in 5 weeks, heathly no, possible yes. You should be at least eating your recommended if not some of your workout calories as well.
  • lovingmyjaybird
    Options
    Thanks everyone.. this is actually an improvement.. I had gotten down to just over 900 calories when I tracked and saw YIKES that's called starvation.. NOT GOOD! I am trying my hardest to consume more calories, packing healthy snacks for at work etc.

The walk.. My son and I walked to my sisters house (him in the stroller) this afternoon. I told myself when I got tired, I would get on a bus.. never got tired.. of course it's mostly down hill =) lol.

We'll probably do that about once a week this summer, to go play with her kids and then like today get a ride home. I always drink between 10-12 glasses of water a day.. and I've always wondered whether to eat my exercise calories or not.. I know there's a big debate about it..
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    It is no error, it takes 3500 calories deficit, to loose a pound of fat. So if you theoreticly exercise that much each day and don't eat the exercise calories back you could loose that much weight. That said, not everyone's body is the same and it is better to lose weight slower then to loose it quickly and then not be able to hold the pace and gain everything back again. On the Biggest Looser they drop that much weight in a week or two but they are also under the care of Doctors.
    It depends a lot on how much you have to loose and how your body reacts, if you can keep up the pace, not get bored and not get frustrated when you hit a plateau, go for it. On the other hand if this is a new lifestyle for you and you are just starting, I would take it one day at a time, eat healthy and try not to have such a large deficit.. but that is just my opinion, and everyone has their own :bigsmile:
  • lovingmyjaybird
    Options
    I am actually down 50 lbs (4 since I joined the site) and have been at this since November 3rd. I do get frustrated but haven't given up yet.. I'd like to be at 169 by November this year, but I want to do this right.. if it takes 3 years toget adjusted (god I hope not) I will.. I have hit alot of bumps in the road.. exercising too much, not eating enough, not eating the right stuff , falling for internet blogs that seem to make since.. Which is why I joined up here.. I figure.. who knows better than people doing it the right way.. Also as I'm losing weight, my stretch marks from pregnancy are showing BAD... and I want to lose at a slower pace, in order to tone my body and not just be nice looking with clothes, on and have a flabby stomach.. lol
    I guess I thought it was an error, but everyone has made valid points..
    It is no error, it takes 3500 calories deficit, to loose a pound of fat. So if you theoreticly exercise that much each day and don't eat the exercise calories back you could loose that much weight. That said, not everyone's body is the same and it is better to lose weight slower then to loose it quickly and then not be able to hold the pace and gain everything back again. On the Biggest Looser they drop that much weight in a week or two but they are also under the care of Doctors.
    It depends a lot on how much you have to loose and how your body reacts, if you can keep up the pace, not get bored and not get frustrated when you hit a plateau, go for it. On the other hand if this is a new lifestyle for you and you are just starting, I would take it one day at a time, eat healthy and try not to have such a large deficit.. but that is just my opinion, and everyone has their own :bigsmile:
  • lsand
    lsand Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've noticed similiar things: If if go over by 200 calories, it will say 'if every day is like today you will weigh 2 lbs more in 5 weeks" and then when I get up in the morning and weigh myself I'm already 2 lbs more. It sure didn't take 5 weeks to get there!