VitaMix/Blender Recipes

Options
Hello!

I have a new Vitamix...and am looking for good recipes that you have found to be yummy. I've been simply putting fresh and frozen fruit in and letting it run.... Any and all recipes are appreciated!

Thanks!

Replies

• JlSimon22
    JlSimon22 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    We are obsessed with ours. We only have been making smoothies too. Let me know if you want some good smoothie recipes. Did yours come with the cookbook? I've heard a lot of things in there are really good.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    we have a blendtec.... we wanted green smoothies, but found broccoli and celery are not the greatest haha... i usually make mine with something like

almond milk
    chocolate protein
    blueberries
    strawberries
    kale
    spinach
    banana

if cals allow- nut butter :)
  • blackmantis
    blackmantis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Check out this channel she is awesome! http://www.youtube.com/blenditandmendit
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter! Combine peanuts and...well nothing. Blend on high. (you can add a little peanut oil if your peanuts aren't oily enough.)

Also Hummus--1 can garbanzo beans (drained), 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 clove garlic, 2 tbsp sesame seeds, 1/4 cup olive oil, S&P to taste. Blend on high.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Jealous! I just have a regular blender, but i'm commenting so this thread is saved in "my topics" because i want to read all the recipes for when i get a blender capable of doing veggies, too.

BTW, my favorite regular blender fruit recipes are:
    Banana date
    Banana date chia seed
    Banana Strawberry Blueberry
    Banana Mango
    Banana Mango W/Fresh Valencia Juice
    Mango Pineapple Papaya
  • JraeL91
    Options
    The vita mix is awesome! I got a recipe off of allrecipes.com
    Green Monster:
    1/2 c. yogurt
    1c. milk
    1 to 2c. spinach
    1 peeled banana
    1Tbs Peanut butter
    and 1-2c ice depending on how cold you want it. And Presto- Yumminess
  • KetoGenesis2016
    KetoGenesis2016 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am a vitamix newbie also, I just got my vitamix yesterday and I am already in love with it. Im drinking a green smoothie now which consists of: kale, celery, 1 green apple, parsley, a thumb size of ginger, a frozen banana, 3 frozen strawberries and water it is pretty good. But if you like it on the sweet side (which I will try it tomorrow), I would recommend adding more apple, strawberries, and/or banana. The great thing about it, is being able to easily add ingredients to suit your taste buds. Enjoy!
  • Elly829
    Elly829 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The soups are great that come with the vitaMix recipe book!
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My everday breakfast since January and my cholesterol dropped 39 points in 4 months. Organic frozen strawberries, 2 tbsp. ground flax meal, 10 oz. almond or coconut milk, stevia, and 1 scoop of unflavored whey protein, Sometimes I add a banana-have fun-LOVE my Vitamix!!!
  • chimpy_chimp
    chimpy_chimp Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My favorite recipe for my Vitamix is:

3 handfuls baby spinach,
    2 handfuls baby kale,
    1 c. frozen blueberries,
    1 banana,
    2 c. water,

whirled to smoothie perfection!
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Got a Blendtec at Costco today. I can't wait to try it out with some of these recipes.
  • newjuli2012
    Options
    The vita mix is awesome! I got a recipe off of allrecipes.com
    Green Monster:
    1/2 c. yogurt
    1c. milk
    1 to 2c. spinach
    1 peeled banana
    1Tbs Peanut butter
    and 1-2c ice depending on how cold you want it. And Presto- Yumminess

sounds delish !
  • tfonz10
    tfonz10 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love my vitamix! Its the only way I can get my 4 year old to eat his greats.
    I dont usually measure so this is a guesstimate.

8-10 oz pinapple
    1 cup of trop 50
    banana
    orange
    2 cups kale or spinach
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Morning sunrise smoothie
    Handful baby Carrots
    1/2 inch fresh Ginger
    1Apple
    Slice of pineapple
    1 Orange and some water/ice or a splash of Orange juice
    Dash of vanilla
    Sometimes add protien powder if using for breakfast

I buy fresh pineapple and other fruits and cut them up in chunks then store in freezer for quick use.

Chocolate breakfast smoothie
    Banana
    1/4 cup Oatmeal or cream of wheat
    Chocolate powder of some sort
    Vanilla or sugarfree vanilla syrup based on type of chocolate I use
    Instant coffee is a great addition too
    Add hot water to desired consistancy

Orange dreamsicle
    Orange or juice
    Banana
    Tablespoon nonfat dry milk
    Vanilla
    Ice
  • the_stephinator
    the_stephinator Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm so grateful you started this thread! I want a VitaMix but am content with my Ninja. I've been looking for smoothie recipes as I am on an all liquid diet courtesy of a medical condition. Looking forward to reading what other recipes people have to share :0)
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Salad juice (we split this between two people at dinner almost every night):

1/2 cucumber
    3 sticks of celery
    1 green apple
    1 avocado
    1 tbsp each of lemon and lime juice
    1 chunk of raw fresh ginger
    1 big handful of spinach or two (or any other leafy green... we also like chard or kale in season)
    ~5 sprigs of parsley
    6 ice cubes
    Enough water for the texture you like

If you're used to sweeter foods you can add some fruit like grapes to this. :)
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've got a Blendtec myself. Smoothies and hummus are a given for a blender. Just add what you like and blend. Check out my food diary for my smoothie. At 600 calories, It's a huge smoothie, probably close to 40 ounces but could easily be divided into two or three servings.

Roasted veggie soup is a favorite of mine. I start by putting a pan in the oven to get super hot. While it's heating a prep my veggies. Tomatoes, onion, garlic, carrots, califlower,...... basically what ever you like. Cut into uniform sized pieces. Take the hot pan out of the oven. Spray with a little olive oil a quickly add the veggies. Another quick spray to the top and then put back into the oven. Cook until lightly soft and lightly browned. Add to the blender with a bit of black pepper and process until smooth. Excellent soup hot or the following day chilled.
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Love my vitamix!!! I'm a soup fan! And smoothies too.

I also love to make my own healthy waffle batter with it and top them with fresh fruit. Grab some whole wheat 'pastry' flour. It makes up much tastier treats than the regular whole wheat flour.
  • Pattis11
    Pattis11 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Love my vitamix! Applesauce, 4med apples, cored and quartered with peel. 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Put all ingredients in container turn machine on and go from 2 to 5 depending on how chunky you like your applesauce (5 will be purée). Blend for 30 seconds using your tamper to press ingredients into blades. This recipe is from my vitamix cookbook that came with my machine.
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I bought a blendtec for Christmas and I am loving it. I am expirementing with proportions now but this thread has some recipes that look tempting. thanks
    so far all I have made are green smoothies with pineapple, orange, almond milk or water and greens ( I used spinach and mixed lettuce that need to be used) I used a little agave to sweeten one with almond milk and a date with the water one.
    the sky is the limit since now I know the greens wont be chunky like in my other blender.