Can't go it alone

Options
Alright, so I've been a member since the end of October. I had lost 10 lbs in two and a half weeks. Then I went on vacation. Well more of a get away from the east coast for a bit. I went cross country by train for three days. So, it starts there. And then vacation for four weeks with a week travel back by train again...you can see where the problem lays in this.

So, I gained like 5 lbs back. And I am serious about getting these pounds off and getting back into better shape and fitness. But on the start of the trip, I was more confident after losing the 10 lbs. that I actually bought a bikini to wear.

But now, I see after the unhealthy choices that were made, it's hard to go it alone. And It'd be great to make some new buddies on here. :)

Replies

• sanaai726
    Options
    I can totally relate. I just started MFP, however back in April, I went on a quest to get serious about shedding post baby pounds before my trip to Vegas for my 30th birthday! I was somewhat successful losing 15lbs in about 3-4weeks. I bought new clothes, had the time OF MY LIFE in Vegas, and life was good! Then I slowly went back to my old eating habits and was out of shape for my most recent cruise vacation to Jamaica and the Caymans...bummer. So I decided on not just a diet, but a lifestyle change and here I am today! Be encouraged, WE CAN DO THIS :wink:
  • redjewelv
    Options
    I just started a new journey myself to lose about 50 lbs. I have tried before and did not succeed. But, I am determined more than ever to lose this weight. You can do it too! :-)
  • horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Thanks! And yeah, I feel the same about changing to have a healthier life style. But there is so much good tasting food that is bad for you. And one of my weaknesses is soda as well. That and going out eating with friends and grabbing a quick bite to eat.
    But I want to get back into shape so I can breath easier and get back to playing sports and feel good! I'm here to support anyone that needs the support as well as me needing it! :bigsmile:
  • dmhorton80
    Options
    I have been using MFP for about a month and am still trying to lose weight(about 30lbs)...its hard....add me if you want and we can support each other.
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I started the whole MFP thing less than 2 weeks ago. I have successfully lost 6 pounds. My plan is for 60 pounds. I enjoy MFP, I like SEEING what I am doing vs just doing it, it's an accountability thing for me.

I'm demanding myself to get healthy, have a healthy lifestyle, lose some weight but the weight thing isn't the biggest part. I don't want to wander into my forties being unhealthy. I'd like to spend the next 5 yrs getting healthy, staying healthy and living the 2nd (hoping to make it to 80yrs old) of my life healthy.

Add me if you'd like. :)
  • BrandiSeth
    Options
    Hi, I just joined, and I mean like 30mins. ago. So you can add me if you want. I have alot to lose like over 100lbs, and could use some help myself.
  • ericadawn92
    ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me! :) I'm totally open to new friends and I love encouraging people :)
    I'm a college student in the midst of finals right now, so I'm not on/encouraging as much as I like to be..but in a week I'll be free and much more active!
  • jellybeanmusic
    jellybeanmusic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've been on for ages, but not active. Started properly just over 2 weeks ago and 6lbs down so far. Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • tinytasha7
    tinytasha7 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks! And yeah, I feel the same about changing to have a healthier life style. But there is so much good tasting food that is bad for you. And one of my weaknesses is soda as well. That and going out eating with friends and grabbing a quick bite to eat.
    But I want to get back into shape so I can breath easier and get back to playing sports and feel good! I'm here to support anyone that needs the support as well as me needing it! :bigsmile:

You need to find good food that can replace the good tasting crap food. I like my shakes...they taste even better than ice cream. They are a meal replacement shake that I make with frozen strawberries or any fruit really...my fave is strawberry....because the berries are frozen, it's a lot like soft icecream but tastier.

There are a lot of sodas now made in diet form. Most of my favorites come sugar free, so I choose those above the regular type. I have to be careful because of sodium, but that takes care of the calorie factor.

When going out, try and choose a place that has healthier options...I was pleasantly surprised to find that Harvey's makes a grilled whole wheat chicken burger that is pretty tasty with or without the mayo, and not too bad in calories (still gotta watch salt so I don't have it too often), and subway isn't bad depending on the type of sub you have.

Don't be afraid to treat yourself every so often though....
  • dbrooks82
    dbrooks82 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    We all need encouragement. I am afraid im ready to plateau and always hard to push past that. We can help eachother!! :)
  • dsimmons107
    dsimmons107 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I am on daily. I am on that famous last 8lbs to go. Been here over 340 days and made some good friends. You can add me if you like.
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am - ~65lbs just trying to maintain.