What to snack on?

Options
2»

Replies

• nayers86
    Options
    Binging is not okay...even if it is veggies. Everything in controlled portions will be sufficient. Eating every 2-3 hours will limit how hungry you are and will keep your metabolism high. Drinking sufficient water also will help curb your appetite and that hungry feeling. I loathe when people say they need to binge....that's only acceptable after a marathon or an activity that burns a SIGNIFICANT amount of calories. Teaching your body to eat more than it needs, regardless of what you're putting in your mouth is a bad decision.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything is good to snack on as long as you keep your portions under control. Some of my favorite snacks:

non-fat greek yogurt with fruit on the bottom
    bananas
    almonds
    steel-cut oats
    protein bars
    hard-boiled eggs
    edamame
    100 calorie bags of light butter popcorn - mindless eating without the guilt!

P.S. I love that people are making a point about craving. Seriously, if you're craving something specific and think you can get around it by having other things, you're just fooling yourself. Really think about what you want and find something very similar or go ahead and have what you want but just have a little. There is no need to binge.

Also, you may not know but protein and healthy fats will keep you full longer than something more carb based. This is why I love things like protein bars, eggs and edamame. They all have a good amount of protein so they'll keep me full longer than say the oatmeal or banana. Be conscious of how your body reacts to the foods you're eating and adjust your planned food accordingly.

Good luck!