Is Christmas going to be a free day for you?

Options

Replies

• mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My family eats pretty healthfully, so dinner isn't the problem. Now dessert is a total different situation!

Like others have said, I'll try to get a run or bike ride in on xmas day.

As for logging, I've been at this long enough to know how much I'm taking in without actually logging what I eat. At this point, I only log intermittently anyway.
  • hfeinauer
    hfeinauer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sounds like you need some prayers... i will pray for you... for your weight loss and your outlook on the birth of Christ. This is for the person who called the wise men wise guys.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    not a free day since i dont celebrate Christmas.
  • Ilysandrew11
    Ilysandrew11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Well seeming as not all of the family is not on a diet I will be indulging a bit more than I usually do :) Normally on my days off o working out I indulge in a little something that I wouldnt eat on my workout days and I dont go overboard, I think thats key :)
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Not really. I'll use portion control and watch what I eat BUT I will allow myself 1 cookie.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I'll be hiking and camping from friday to wednesday. I won't having a large feast on Christmas, so it won't be a gorge day. But I also don't plan on logging any of those days.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I won't go crazy but I will eat what I want and won't be counting calories that day.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I'll go for a 10 mile or 13 mile run then eat whatever the hell i like :-) roads will be empty and if I can wake up real early, I'll still have a full day to enjoy :-)
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I'll probably watch my calories during the day & eat lighter to save calorie allowance for dinner. Do at least 30mins of cardio before the dinner. And I'll only have 1 plate with a small piece of dessert.

I'll make an exception for a box of chocolates during the day, love those.
  • McChubbyruewho
    Options
    oh ya! :drinker:
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    I'm thinking so long as I get plenty of exercise done on Christmas Eve I needn't fuss too much about one day. I've lost 55lbs, I'm not going to put it all back on in a one-er.
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    absolutely it is a free day, but I'm not using it as an excuse to eat JUNK i'm gonna eat what I want, log it and try and burn the calories i'm over :)
  • chimpoforevah
    Options
    I've had around 30 years of free days, I'll be sticking to my guns and keeping under daily caloric goal.
  • emzypemzy93
    Options
    Hellz yeah. I'm going all or nothing. C'mon. It's Christmas.. Live a little!! ;)
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Not sure what I'll be doing yet.....if I am travelling around seeing friends and family then It's unlikely i'll log much at all for a week or so....if I stay home I will log.
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Kind of. I'm not going to use it as a free pass to eat all the junk under the sun, but I am definitely going to enjoy some treats that I normally pass. It's one day out of 365, no big deal.
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I will probably eat at my maintenance calories for christmas and maybe the day after (for leftovers, of course) but i won't gorge myself. I don't feel good when I go crazy like that. Im also going to try to still do my exercise on christmas day. I usually dont do any on holidays because I am lazy, but this time I need to keep myself going no matter what!

On thanksgiving i prelogged everything so that i knew exactly how much of each goodie i could eat and i stayed at about 1400-1500 and got to eat pie afterwards as a special treat!! yummo!
  • MJJL2005
    Options
    I plan on doing a 45 or 55 minute workout in the morning to help add on to some calories I am able to eat for the day. I generally stick to between 1400-1600 calories no matter what I exercise and it is working really well for me; however, on christmas day (or other parties in general) I'll eat a couple hundred (yes only a couple hundred) more. I'll have a slice of pie for dessert with ice cream where normally I might just have a slice of pie. I want to be able to enjoy the day, and I will, but not regret it the next day.
  • AEFidgets
    Options
    I'm going to eat whatever I want but I will log it. I will also do a run the day before and after to negate some of the extra calories.
  • meangreen11
    meangreen11 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yes, I will eat as much pumpkin pie (and other goodies) as I want. I will log everything. I will not shout or pout...I will just go back to normal as soon as it is gone or I throw it out. Did the same thing at Thanksgiving and did no damage.

I am trying to be good between now and then in addition to doing another round of 30DS to keep me motivated.