You know what?

Options
I haven't really cheated since I've started. Even on my cheat days, I only go over by 500 calories.

Today is my first wedding anniversary. I think I may actually cheat today. My hubby and I are going to grill steaks and have crab stuffed mushrooms, eat baked potatoes, and maybe steam some broccoli. For dessert, we're having chocolate-dipped strawberries and champagne. I may actually cheat today. For real.

I was trying to add all my dinner food in to my food journal and then I thought, "I won't be able to enjoy it if I know exactly how many calories are in everything."

So wish me luck...I'm going to try to cheat today. :smile:

Replies

• LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I haven't really cheated since I've started. Even on my cheat days, I only go over by 500 calories.

Today is my first wedding anniversary. I think I may actually cheat today. My hubby and I are going to grill steaks and have crab stuffed mushrooms, eat baked potatoes, and maybe steam some broccoli. For dessert, we're having chocolate-dipped strawberries and champagne. I may actually cheat today. For real.

I was trying to add all my dinner food in to my food journal and then I thought, "I won't be able to enjoy it if I know exactly how many calories are in everything."

So wish me luck...I'm going to try to cheat today. :smile:
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    you go girl lol. I had my first cheat day yesterday. My son's birthday party. and then I accidentally seen the calories on something and almost died. DONT LOOK! lol :laugh: Happy Anniversary , Enjoy yourself
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I cheated yesterday...but that's all right. :s

I don't feel any heavier...I had a beer...and a breadstick...and was outside in the 95 degree heat :p
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    Enjoy your celebration! and forget about feeling guilty!!!! One day will not kill your goals, and you and your husband deserve to enjoy the day, the meal, and each other!:love:
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Have a great time and don't feel bad about the *cheat* =o)))

23649.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary!! Enjoy!! :flowerforyou:

Especially those crab stuffed mushrooms. :love: drool.gif
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversay!!! Chow down girly! lol You should definately enjoy yourself and not be worrying about every little calorie, there are times when thinking about every bite isn't what you should be doing, and sharing chocolate dipped strawberries with your husband is one of them!
  • neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    First, Happy Anniversary!

So far as cheating, it's part of the process in a way. You can't tell yourself you could never have anything again (unless there's a good medical reason i.e. allergies, medical conditions). Just the usual moderation and occasional splurge.

I can admit to having a really bad cheat day yesterday. Dairy Queen was calling my name and we had a coupon for something that was a lot more fattening than I what I would have normally ordered. :devil: Part of the reason I think we all enjoy this website is the community but also the reminders that even when we do splurge, we usually make out okay in the end and still get to our goals, albeit a little slower around the holidays and such :tongue:

Enjoy your special dinner!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    OOOO enjoy!!!! I think I may have posted this again...but studies have proven that Anniversary Calories and Birthday Calories don't count!! they are free!!!! so go for it!!! plus....I'm having a feeling you'll be working those off too....especially after a little champagne!!! :wink: :heart: Me and my hubby always arm wrestle after champagne!!! lol so good luck and hope you have a great time and ah WIN! lol

hugs!!!!:flowerforyou:
    Ali
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: Happy happy anniversary:heart::heart: :heart:

and if that's all the cheatin you're gonna do, you will still lose weight....
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Oh yes do enjoy your special day:drinker: No calorie counting for you:happy:

Happy Anniversary:heart: