B-complex

Options
2»

Replies

• Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I take it so my pee is a neon color. True Story.

This. I'm currently looking into other color options though. Let me know if anyone knows a way to get purple.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I take a Vitamin B-Complex pill, salmon oil, Vitamin D, 5-HTP, and folic acid daily or every second day. I don't know what is doing what, but I notice a big difference. I think for me it is the Vitamin D.
    You take all of that and you don't know why?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

This. I'm currently looking into other color options though. Let me know if anyone knows a way to get purple.

UTI medicine gets you like a sunset red/orange.
  • jessgumkowski88
    jessgumkowski88 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    B-complexes are awesome, BUT DO NOT BUY THE TABLETS! Your body will moat like not absorb it, or if it does it won't absorb very much. Make sure you get the capsules or you can even get injections! B-complexes have really done wonders for me, and they affect my mood too making me feel just cheery ;) I certainly notice a difference and so do those around me!
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I took it at first just to get the energy. I was a sugar-holic before and I found that it stabalized that need for sugar to keep me awake... now I don't yawn as much and it helps me remember to drink water so my pee isn't neon.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    They worked to well for me. I get shaky and flush. I seem to be more sensitive to vitamin B than most. I bought a box of protein bars a few weeks back, ate one, and felt like I took an energy shot. I looked at the label and sure enough vitamin B was at the top of the label. Anyone want a box of grahm cracker protein bars?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    B vitamins are the energy vitamins! If you aren't getting enough in your diet, it's worth taking a supplement. My husband takes a B complex and a D supplement because he has Crohn's disease. I have taken them off and on. They do help.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    try caffeine for energy

B vitamins don't give you a crash like caffeine does. :ohwell:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    B-complexes are awesome, BUT DO NOT BUY THE TABLETS! Your body will moat like not absorb it, or if it does it won't absorb very much. Make sure you get the capsules or you can even get injections! B-complexes have really done wonders for me, and they affect my mood too making me feel just cheery ;) I certainly notice a difference and so do those around me!

A doctor can prescribe an injection, which is ZOOM, ZOOM. There are also liquid forms that absorb under the tongue.
  • dancerom
    dancerom Posts: 174 Member
    Options

Beetroot ;-)
    It colors your pee purple and gives you lots of B-vitamins, potassium and iron.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I take it, but I can't say I noticed a HUGE difference. I've always had pretty low energy, but that's because I have depression. I think it's important to get the B vitamins though.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Beetroot ;-)
    It colors your pee purple and gives you lots of B-vitamins, potassium and iron.

That's awesome!
  • MoreBean13
    Options

A doctor can prescribe an injection, which is ZOOM, ZOOM. There are also liquid forms that absorb under the tongue.

There are sublingual tablets too. It's not really true that you're not likely to absorb B vitamins from tablets- they go in to your digestive system and that's where they're supposed to be absorbed for a healthy person, same as getting the B-vitamins from food.

The issue is that one of the common reasons for vitamin B deficiency is that you have an absorption problem in your digestive system. That's why the sublinguals and injections are prescribed to circumvent the digestive system. IF you have a vitamin B absorption issue, THEN there is some likelihood that you won't absorb the tablets (or caplets, for that matter), but if you don't have a deficiency, you probably can absorb the vitamins through a tablet (though you probably don't need to- cruel world).
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Just eat a balanced, nutritious diet and you will get all the B vitamins you need and more! Contrary to popular belief you need a lot more than B vitamins for energy and health, you need to review your entire lifestyle, no supplement makes up for a rubbish diet, poor sleep patterns, under or over exercising.
  • HoneyRiot
    HoneyRiot Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like a B 100 Complex which is a 100% of daily intake or more of the various types of B-vitamins. I noticed an increase in energy and also mood. I read that B-Vitamins are natures anti-depressant and I can agree with that. Also, E vitamins are also really good for mood swings - they help me out for my PMS.

Plus, I like to pee sunshine. :D
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    Just eat a balanced, nutritious diet and you will get all the B vitamins you need and more! Contrary to popular belief you need a lot more than B vitamins for energy and health, you need to review your entire lifestyle, no supplement makes up for a rubbish diet, poor sleep patterns, under or over exercising.

...or you have an absorption issue.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

There are sublingual tablets too. It's not really true that you're not likely to absorb B vitamins from tablets- they go in to your digestive system and that's where they're supposed to be absorbed for a healthy person, same as getting the B-vitamins from food.

The issue is that one of the common reasons for vitamin B deficiency is that you have an absorption problem in your digestive system. That's why the sublinguals and injections are prescribed to circumvent the digestive system. IF you have a vitamin B absorption issue, THEN there is some likelihood that you won't absorb the tablets (or caplets, for that matter), but if you don't have a deficiency, you probably can absorb the vitamins through a tablet (though you probably don't need to- cruel world).

This is my husband's issue. He has Crohn's disease, which is a digestion issue. So he takes it in liquid form. But we have been buying it over the counter in the drops because it's a lot cheaper than a prescription of it. I take it when I remember, but I'm no good at remembering my vitamins.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

Which the OP has given no indication is the case, nobody should be self diagnosing and self treating their self diagnosis. For anyone who does have a diagnosed absorption issue it is not a randomly purchased supplement it is a prescribed medication.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Beets will get you a reddish tint. So now you just need to find something to add blue.
  • MoreBean13
    Options

Which the OP has given no indication is the case, nobody should be self diagnosing and self treating their self diagnosis. For anyone who does have a diagnosed absorption issue it is not a randomly purchased supplement it is a prescribed medication.

Huh. Doctors never prescribe OTC's. Gotcha.