Getting started

Options
Hi. 2 yrs ago I had cancer, and had to be put on steroids. Well I am cancer free, and 110 over weight
I use to weigh 135 pds I can't going anymore and when I get upset I eat: I need to lose , my blood pressure is up and down and I want to bean example for my daughter sad: :sad:

Replies

• kathyjlewis
    Options
    Hi. 2 yrs ago I had cancer, and had to be put on steroids. Well I am cancer free, and 110 over weight
    I use to weigh 135 pds I can't going anymore and when I get upset I eat: I need to lose , my blood pressure is up and down and I want to bean example for my daughter sad: :sad:
  • darlenebull
    Options
    Hi, congratulations on you being cancer free now,:drinker: this is a wonderful site to get advise and support in your quest to lose weight. Logging all your food in is a great way to keep track of what your really eating. This site is easy to use has been a great help. I wish you the best of luck.:smile: I'm sure that anyone as strong as you are to fight cancer can lose 110 pounds no sweat.:flowerforyou:
  • lisabeavers
    lisabeavers Posts: 115
    Options
    I can't imagine what you have been through. You already set an example for your daughter by being strong and courageous in the face of a disease deadly to so many and beating it. YYYAAAAYYYY you!!!! Now you can continue to set that example for her every single day by showing her that when you have a problem (in this case, your weight) you go out and you find a solution that works for you, and you apply it to your life. You let her see that sometimes its hard and frustrating, and sometimes its exciting. You let her see that setbacks are not failures, and that everyone has good and bad days in their lifes. You let her see you not give up, even when progress is slow. You let her see that a network of friends and family to count on and help support you is not only okay, its necessary. And you let her see that the size and shape of her body should never determine her worth as a human being. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Congrats on winning the battle with cancer! It's great that you want to set a positive example for your little one! Determination and self discipline are key, you can do this, we all can! Good luck, look forward to seeing your progress and of course welcome to MFP.

8439.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    You got an inspiring story! If you've dealt with cancer, you can beat the scale for sure!

Welcome! This site is GREAT and YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kathyjlewis
    Options
    Well I am 50, and my daughter is 26...It is hard when you have no support and all you hear is the negatives....So starting June 8th, I will be working out starting with walking and thank u for your words of encouragement
  • kathyjlewis
    Options
    Thank u:smile:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: Glad you made it to our virtual community where (as far as I know) everyone is helpful, understanding, supportive and positiv. I will post a couple of things you might want to read, if you have questions ,problems, or just need to vent just post and someone will respond.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo
    Here is to your new lifestyle:drinker:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Wowwy wow wow. You go, Girl!! Yes, you can beat weight, especially if you've been through the hell of beating cancer.

We're here for you. Gabi put many great posts to help you, but also read Mike's Blog at the top which will help you navigate the site.