Skinny Alfredo!

Options
AndreaEllen
AndreaEllen Posts: 71 Member
So I made this last night on a whim....I think I'm a genius but maybe it's been done already....Regardless it's AMAZEBALLS!

Skinny Alfredo

1 Cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese
Clove of Garlic
1 Cup diced sweet onion
1 teaspoon coconut oil
Salt and Pepper
Small amount of Organic chicken broth
1 package Shirataki Tofu Noodles prepared as directed

I sauteed the onion and garlic together in the coconut oil until almost carmelized and then used a hand blender on the cottage cheese with a slight amount of chicken stock until it was a smooth sauce. Added it to the sauteed vegetables until warmed up and then poured onto the Tofu noodles.

Discovered this sauce is really good on top of steamed cauliflower and tastes amazing with a tablespoon of pesto also!
Try it!!
Bon Appetit My Friends!:drinker:

Replies

• grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    BUMP.
  • softballerchik1
    softballerchik1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! BUMP!
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow Alfredo Sauce
    3 wedges light creamy garlic and herb
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1 T. reduced fat parmesan cheese
    1/2 Tablespoon I can't believe it's not butter
    1/2 teaspoon garlic ( or more if you like)

combine all ingredients over low heat until everything is melted serve immediately over pasta of your choice.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Sounds quite yummy..
    Once I get myself to the grocery store, I may have to try this. Thanks for sharing; I'm always looking for new alternatives to recipes :)
  • souzouchan
    Options
    Is it still amazing without onions? Only cause I have onion allergies ^^;;
  • AndreaEllen
    Options
    So I made this last night on a whim....I think I'm a genius but maybe it's been done already....Regardless it's AMAZEBALLS!

Skinny Alfredo

Clove of Garlic
    1 Cup diced sweet onion
    1 teaspoon coconut oil
    Salt and Pepper

I sauteed the onion and garlic together in the coconut oil until almost carmelized and then used a hand blender on the cottage cheese with a slight amount of chicken stock until it was a smooth sauce. Added it to the sauteed vegetables until warmed up and then poured onto the Tofu noodles.

Discovered this sauce is really good on top of steamed cauliflower and tastes amazing with a tablespoon of pesto also!
    Try it!!

1 Cup Cottage Cheese thinned down with the chicken stock does make alot...at least 2-4 servings :smile:
  • AndreaEllen
    Options
    Is it still amazing without onions? Only cause I have onion allergies ^^;;

Bet it is! Just make sure to use garlic! Maybe some fresh basil would be awesome....Experiment
  • Tryinonemoretime
    Tryinonemoretime Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE fan of the Shiratake noodles but.....
    if I may give some advice about them cuz the first time I bought them I didn't eat them!!!
    When you open the package you will smell a rather fishy, or dirt smell! Don't throw them out as I did thinking they were spoiled because there is a simple solution.
    Put them in a drainer and rinse them with hot water. I just let the water run while I am getting out my other ingredients. After about 3 or 4 minutes I turn off the water and LET THEM DRAIN. You can even put them on paper towels and pat them dry but this is a step I skip.
    After they have drained I take 2 knives and cut the noodles in one direction several times then turn the drainer and cut again. The noodles are very very long and cutting them makes them easier to eat.
    I have them most every night for dinner in one fashion or another.
    HyVee carries them in two places. In the produce section in a cooled spot by the organic vegtables is the type that has 40 calories per package. In the Organic section is another cooler with the kind that have ZERO, yes I said ZERO calories. I also noticed a Rice style but I haven't tried them yet.
    Enjoy!
  • AndreaEllen
    Options
    Absolutely! I rinsed thoroughly and let them sit in the strainer while I was prepping and while I was rinsing them I just hand tore the pieces.. *Obviously I'm a fancy lady* Hahaha
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    :)
  • honeybee1036
    honeybee1036 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow Alfredo Sauce
    3 wedges light creamy garlic and herb
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1 T. reduced fat parmesan cheese
    1/2 Tablespoon I can't believe it's not butter
    1/2 teaspoon garlic ( or more if you like)

combine all ingredients over low heat until everything is melted serve immediately over pasta of your choice.

THIS
    AND
    replace the pasta with zucchini. Take a peeler and peel until you hit the seeds. Saute in a pan with a little chicken broth until tender then mix together with the Alfredo Sauce.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Skinny Alfredo

Clove of Garlic
    1 Cup diced sweet onion
    1 teaspoon coconut oil
    Salt and Pepper

Try it!!

That is a stretch to call it "alfredo" and shirataki noodles too? Must not like your tastebuds very much

do_not_want_cat.jpg
  • skinnyitaliannn
    Options
    mmm bump
  • AndreaEllen
    Options
    do_not_want_cat.jpg

I LUUUURRVV my tastebuds!

And if U No Want Skinny Sauce, U No Get Skinny Sauce!
  • lovinlandl
    lovinlandl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AndreaEllen
    Options
    Remade this recipe and tossed in sundried tomato bits and chopped artichokes on top of whole wheat pasta....So great!
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Remade this recipe and tossed in sundried tomato bits and chopped artichokes on top of whole wheat pasta....So great!

Both original and this version sound yummy...thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • thomakg
    thomakg Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    How about using spaghetti squash for the noodles? Have to try this....
  • KathyRed07
    Options
    Must try these!! Always looking for some good low-fat recipes! thanks for sharing!