Chicken Black Bean Bake

Options

Replies

• runninglol
    runninglol Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've made this twice in the last few weeks...amazing flavor, lots of protein, low calorie. Make it on a Sunday and package it up into tupperware containers for lunches!

2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into large pieces
    1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
    1/2 c frozen corn
    1/2 c diced onion
    1 jar of salsa (not the really big jars), any flavor
    1 packet of low sodium taco seasoning
    1 can green chillis
    8 oz shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 375. Mix black beans, corn, onion, green chillis and half of the salsa. Spray a 9 x 13 glass baking dish with cooking spray and add black bean mixture to the bottom, spread evenly. Toss chicken in taco seasoning (I use a large zip lock baggie). Put chicken in glass baking dish on top of black bean mixture. Pour the rest of your salsa onto the chicken. Top with shredded cheese. Cover with foil and bake about 40 minutes or until done (I check it at 35 minutes and see how much longer it needs).

Nutrition Info per Serving, 6 servings (per MFP)

335 calories; 17 carbs; 11 fat; 42 protein.

Top with a tablespoon or two of light sour cream for another 20-40 calories...our favorite way to have it.

Thank you very much for sharing :):) Do you like Taco Soup?

I've actually been on a huge soup kick the last few weeks trying new recipes. Bring it!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    MAde this last night, eating it now at work for lunch

YUM !!!! soooo good !

also can someone tell me how I add it to my lunch, like what to I put for sodium, sat fats etc ???
  • batewellb
    Options
    yum, the wife made this for dinner tonight. thanks for sharing.
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options

YUM !!!! soooo good !

also can someone tell me how I add it to my lunch, like what to I put for sodium, sat fats etc ???
    If you make a recipe out of it and enter each ingredient it will calculate it all for you.
  • jaharrison763
    jaharrison763 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've got a pan baking right now. I can't wait for it to be done! :drinker:
  • jaharrison763
    jaharrison763 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

YUM !!!! soooo good !

There are a few different versions already in MFP. I used the first one that came up.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I made this the other day, delicious!
    As far as how to log it, I entered the recipe and logged it that way. Its the only real accurate way to do it, you don't know what anyone else has put in their versions of the recipe. Even different brands can change a lot of macros.
    I made with fresh jalepenos instead of canned, it still worked well, probably brought down the sodium as bit to.
  • smcolton
    Options
    Bump
  • nmh20
    nmh20 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Marking this.
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!!
  • Kellylynnhaynes
    Kellylynnhaynes Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Saving for later
  • bermudez97
    Options
    How much is a serving?
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    1/6 of the recipe.
    Although in my case I halved the recipe and made 2 large servings out of the halved recipe.
  • Clemsonmom
    Clemsonmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    sounds very good. going to try this.
  • nmh20
    Options
    I made this tonight, the flavor was outstanding. It was kind of runny though, almost more of a soup...anyone have any idea of what I may have done wrong?
  • ksimp88
    Options
    bump!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I made this tonight, the flavor was outstanding. It was kind of runny though, almost more of a soup...anyone have any idea of what I may have done wrong?

Mine was like this as well! I wonder why? It was so good though
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Mine was a little thin but not soupy but thickened up as it cooled. Did you drain the beans first?
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nmh20
    Options
    Yes I rinsed and drained everything from the can that I put in it. I did use frozen corn and frozen onions, so I am wondering if some liquid came from that? Next time I make this I am going to thaw the frozen vegetables and drain them first and then maybe take the foil off for the last 10 minutes of cooking or so and hopefully that will fix it.

Am definitely going to make this recipe again though!