LADIES...HOW MUCH LOST..DID RING SIZE CHANGE???

Options

Replies

• TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I've lost close to 60lbs now (my ticker was accurate last Sunday, but I've dropped more sine then) and my wedding rings will fly off if I flap my hands to shake water off them after washing and before drying. They were so tight that I could hardly get them off, and could not get them off if I was puffy from too much sodium.
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I am hoping I really don't lose that much in my fingers. I got my Mom's rings last year and had to have them sized up from a 6 to a 9 at a costly chuck of change. They are loose and twirl on my fingers but I have large knuckles and fat fingers so the hope I won't have to get them sized smaller.
  • freckles_cmj
    freckles_cmj Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to get mine off since I gained wt with my last pregnancy, they have been stuck on for 5 years. But now that I've lost a little they feel looser. The day I can take them off will be a huge NSV I think . Instead of having them resized I plan to have my diamonds reset into a new set when I reach my goal
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I have naturally very fat fingers, but losing almost 70 pounds has caused my wedding and engagement rings to not fit anymore. If I shake my hand they actually fly off. Size 7 1/2 to...I don't know, I have to have them resized. Maybe a 6 1/2.
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Well, my engagement ring was *slightly* big anyway, but after about 15-20lb loss, it was really falling off my finger, so now I have to wear it on my middle finger instead. My wrist size has changed more ;)
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    After 30 lbs, I wear it on my middle finger
  • luckyclover78
    luckyclover78 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm about 30 lbs lighter than when I got married and my rings won't stay on. I can put them on my middle finger but I need to get them sized by at least 3/4 - 1 full ring size.
  • BubblySharon
    BubblySharon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've lost 19 lbs and my ring is loose now.. luckily I bought the lifetime guarantee so I can have it sized anytime! :)
  • mtforrest07
    mtforrest07 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've lost 65 pounds so far and I've had to take my wedding ring in to have it resized down one size. The last 10 pounds I've recently lost and I can feel my ring is a little lose again.
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Well u said ladies, but I will answer too. My ring size was almost a 12, but after losing 80lbs, I'm now a size 9
  • mominwi419
    Options
    I got my wedding ring at a size 9 1/2. In July of 2011, I got it resized to a size 7 1/2. That was after a 60 pound weight loss. I recently got it resized to a size 6 1/4, after 168 pounds lost.
  • TillyMomma
    Options
    I lost about 50 pounds in a year and my ring size went from an 8 to a 7.
  • alslau02
    Options
    Started out 5.5, 20 pounds lighter, 4.5.
  • LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    A whole ring size with 30 lbs. I have fat-prone fingers though. We call them irish sausages in my family.

:laugh:
  • wagner78
    wagner78 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    About 10 years ago I lost almost 60 pounds and I went from a ring size 6 to a 4 1/4.
  • sandyjeffery
    Options
    I have lost 30 pounds so far and my wedding ring falls off my finger. Going to have it re-sized next week before I lose it. I think it will probably go down a half size or a whole size.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I've lost 64lbs & my rings are a 7, but WAY too big. Haven't gotten them resized.
  • Queen_Adrock
    Queen_Adrock Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I was at a tighter 4.5 that took a lot of wiggling to get off...now I'm at a looser 4.5 that comes off with minimal effort (yet they don't fall off). I lost 30 pounds. However, it seems like my fingers almost conformed to the rings because you can still see a shape difference in my fingers when I take them off (skinnier at the bottom).
  • themeaningofthemorning
    Options
    Yes, mine went from a 10 to a 7.5
  • Moretakitty
    Moretakitty Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My ring is a 4.5 (IIRC)
    I will be taking it back in to be resized, it's too big and it spins all over the place. I put tape around it on a recent vacation because I was afraid of it falling off and getting lost in transit.

I've lost 62 lbs so far.