Xbob Kinect ?

Options
I have been thinking about getting a kinect for my xbox to be a little more active. Does anyone have a kinect? do you use it? what kind of "active" or "workout" type games would you suggest?

Replies

• Dsmcgrail
    Options
    I love ours, need to use it some more actually. The kinect sports is great. The one with sand volleyball and boxing (along with other sports). Those two are my favorites though, and with my competitive spirit, I'll be sweating my @$$ off after a few matches! We also have biggest loser, but honestly have not gotten time to get into it much yet. Seems like it will be fun though
  • squashyhelen
    squashyhelen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    It's amazing, get it!! I have Kinnect exercise games (including boxing), dance central, and zumba. Last time i did 14 mins of kinnect zumba, my new HRM informed me that 170 calories were burnt. Totally worth it.
  • Lisascherer1
    Lisascherer1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Dance Central is an amazing work out. Plus if you have kids, it is fun to compete with them.
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I love using mine! I use Your Shape 2012.

It's neat... it lists workouts by target zone, which are then split into a weight training program and a circuit program. That way you can totally customize your workout by picking different zones and different weights, but you still get a good overall burn. I haven't even tried the strength ones, I love the circuit ones. They work your whole body, with exercises that focus mostly on one area. For example, for abs you do a lot of squats, sit-ups and push-ups, plus jumpy stuff, and add dumbells and arm lifts to some things. My legs are dying the day of the workout, but the next day it's my core that's getting me... sneaky! Good warmups too... I do those before using the program or going out running