3000 calories a day...?

Options
2»

Replies

• mtabh
    mtabh Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I found the first few days of tracking my food I was starving. I stayed at my calorie limit but was cranky and hungry. A few tweaks, with larger amounts of healthy foods rather than small amounts of unhealthy food has allowed me to stay under 1200 each day without feeling like I am going to stab someone midday. Maybe go for a more whole foods based diet? I think that will really help you. You could eat an entire head of cauliflower for less calories than that chicken sandwich. Much more filling, also.
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Fair warning - foods from restaurants sometimes are amazingly high in sodium. They go crazy on it! I'd look at those carefully. Sometimes, one dish can have the equivalent of days worth of sodium. I know my eyebrows have gone up sometimes when I ask for the nutrition menu to look at their dishes.

you are so right. I lookd at the food i made myself and i so need to stop using as much soduim too. uuughh... =,(
  • youngblood_2010
    Options
    there's just as much info online stating sodium isn't that bad for you as originally suspected

carry on
  • mtabh
    mtabh Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    there's just as much info online stating sodium isn't that bad for you as originally suspected

carry on

Well it will definitely make ME retain water. Personally I like to keep mine lower than 2500mg per day.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    We are missing some information. As in what kind of energy output do you do a day. My husband's job has him walking 17000 steps a day. I have to go hiking to get 10,000. Also there is a foot difference between our height, and about 100 pounds difference too. That means that our nutrition and calorie (even salt) needs are very different.

After taking a look at your food diary, I did notice right away the high sodium, processed foods that leads to increased appetite. I would also be curious about how much water you are getting. The mind gets confused between hungry and thirsty.

If you are losing weight at your present calorie intake then you may still have some wiggle room.

My advice is to work on nutrition and more water first. But that's just me.
  • virichi08
    Options
    We are missing some information. As in what kind of energy output do you do a day. My husband's job has him walking 17000 steps a day. I have to go hiking to get 10,000. Also there is a foot difference between our height, and about 100 pounds difference too. That means that our nutrition and calorie (even salt) needs are very different.

After taking a look at your food diary, I did notice right away the high sodium, processed foods that leads to increased appetite. I would also be curious about how much water you are getting. The mind gets confused between hungry and thirsty.

If you are losing weight at your present calorie intake then you may still have some wiggle room.

My advice is to work on nutrition and more water first. But that's just me.
    You guys are most certainly right about the food. I have been eating out a bit more this month simply beacuse i was giving in to my cravings... (yuck, i know) but looking at my diary i am SHOCKED that my sodium has been high everyday since the 1st of this month, I will be getting more fruits and veggies tomrrow and paying MUCH closer attention to my sodium,
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    People always dissin on sodium. :( It is my favorite because it helps me maintain consciousness.
  • virichi08
    Options
    People always dissin on sodium. :( It is my favorite because it helps me maintain consciousness.

it makes me bloat dude. but i really did not realize how much i was packin in this entire MONTH so far. =(
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I usually say it is not what you eat, but how much, however, I notice a lot of the additives in junk food make me hungrier than I was before I ate it.
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options

it makes me bloat dude. but i really did not realize how much i was packin in this entire MONTH so far. =(

Sodium also makes me bloat, retain water, and I also have high blood pressure and should stay away from it.
  • mstissa02
    mstissa02 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Since I have high blood pressure, I limit my sodium intake around 2300 mg a day. To some people that may be to much, but that is my limit. Watch out for processed foods & their hidden culprit of sodium. Try making the foods you like instead of going out to eat. This would save money and lower sodium intake. Also, this may increase your water retention. I have seen on here that drinking a lot of water would flush it out. Sorry I didn't catch it earlier...