• LaColombicana
    LaColombicana Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • kendallggaylor
    kendallggaylor Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm 20 and 5'2! My SW: 245 lbs, CW: 218 lbs, GW: 138 lbs (that would put me in my normal BMI range).
    I have a muscular build so I don't know if I can get down to that weight. Just looking to get healthy, fit, and look great!

I am currently sticking to MFP and 1,200 calories/day like a religion and cardio (running, elliptical) 3x a week and strength training (resistance bands mostly) 2x a week.

Feel free to add me, fellow shorties!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft1 and my highest weight was 251 (August). I was 206 when I met my husband, and 220 on our wedding day. A mew miscarriages later, followed by fertility treatments, brought me to my highest weight ever. I'm down 11 lbs and trying hard to make it 15 by the end of the year.

It's nice to see some other shorties who have been morbidly obese on here. I haven't been able to find anyone and never wanted to speak up before!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    5 feet

109.2 lbs

bust:: 34"

waist: 26"

belly: 30.5"

Hips: 32"

Thighs (largest part): 21"

UGW: 108lbs or lower
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I"m 5' 1" on a big hair day! Feel free to look at my profile page. My progress pics are there. I am 44yrs old and started this site at 150lbs. I was wearing a size 14 (us) in jeans. I am currently at 132.6lbs and wearing a size 6. Feel free to add me, I'm more than willing to be supportive!
  • raebels
    raebels Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Finally a topic that I can relate to! lol

I am 5'2 and my current weight is 131. My highest weight was 178 when I was pregnant. My current goal weight is between 120-125 pounds. I joined MFP in March of this year and was at 151 pounds. Trust me, I totally understand how frustrating weight loss/gain is because like many other women on here have said, every extra bit shows on us shorties!!! :grumble: Whatever you do, don't give up! It is definitely possible to get to a weight that you feel comfortable and happy with (I personally don't like the BMI weights because some of them are a bit unrealistic! I am supposed to be between 101.2 and 136.7 pounds. I could never in my wildest dreams imagine getting down to 101 pounds!) Here are my stats:

SW: 151--> now 131
    Waist: 33 --> now 29.5
    Hips: 39 --> now 35.5
    Thighs: 22 --> now 19.5
    Neck: 13.5 --> now 12
    Arms: 11 --> now 9.25

I started out in size 13 jeans and I just recently got into size 9 in jeans. Please feel free to add me for additional support and/or ideas. :smile:
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Height:5'2"
    Weight: 119.6
    Highest Weight: 170 lbs when I gave birth (so they said; I don't believe them b/c otherwise I gained 20 lbs in 5 days)
    Highest Weight not pregnant: 152 lbs

I am a size 2
    Waist: 25 inches
    Hips: 35 1/2 inches

I am trying to tone up a little more only at this point and would like to lose another 1/2 inch of my hips and thighs (okay maybe a eensy-weensy bit more off my thigh wouldn't hurt my feelings any)

I was 117-118 but with our move, building a house last year, living in a hotel..I gained 12 lbs...that's how I ended up here.

You can do it; oh and the lady who says she misses cheese; you do NOT have to give up cheese; just switch to 2% cheese and eat smaller amounts. Say 1 oz at snack time or 1/2 oz or 1 oz with your meals. Swiss cheese is very low in fat and calories. Cottage cheese is too. Also, low fat dairy (NOT NO FAT) is known to help with weight loss. Just sayin'; I lost all my weight from 152 to 117 and I had cheese.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    5 feet

109.2 lbs

bust:: 34"

waist: 26"

belly: 30.5"

Hips: 32"

Thighs (largest part): 21"

UGW: 108lbs or lower

Bang-on, those are pretty much my stats :-)
  • dutchesse
    Options
    I'm about 5'0" and I started off 129 lbs. about last year--then I started losing some, had an internship, gained a little back. It's been waffling since April of this year when I determined I was done with not being able to fit into my workpants and refusing to buy more.

So, I'm down to 109.5 as of this morning. I'm shooting for 105, but really, I'll take just about anything under 108. And I mean, at our height, it's almost like double the weight with every pound. I've found intermittent fasting (within slightly relaxed rules) working well for me, along with the C25K program.
  • Msscorpio82
    Msscorpio82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I started at 158 before I got pregnant. I got up to 213lbs. Some weight fell off initially without doing anything and got down to 185. In the pass 3mths after my support from MFP friends and family, I am at 148lbs as of today. I am very supportive of others also so add me if you need that extra motivation.
  • MasterKat
    Options
    5'1 with shoes on! I'm currently on a program called Metabolic Research Centers (MRC) I've done it in the past and have done well on it. My goal is to lose another 42 pounds by April, just in time for summer!!
  • CountryStrongNicole
    Options
    I have only been on MFP for a little under a month now.... but I started my weight loss journey again back in April of 2011. I am 5'2 and my highest weight was 275. I am currently at 169 and love being able to shop in "normal" stores. I have a goal of getting to 125-130. There was a lot of trial and error to find what worked for me to finally truely drop weight. I am currently in a size 10/12 or L but seem to have gone from a C cup to a DD. I work out 5 days a week... and hope to keep that going.
  • tenajh
    tenajh Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yeah, here we go, am 62" and prev wt in March was 165, started on this site at 130 4 days ago and goal wt is 112. Exercise does not come easy with my health restrictions and am a little envious of all of those that are able to exercise to their hearts content. My path will be different, but just as effective. I am a warrior and I am on a mission. Yeah, damn straight, going to do this!:devil:
  • JKS76
    JKS76 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5 ' 1 and a half (ha) am currently around 140 pounds. Started off 170 and would like to lose another half stone though more focused on gaining shape and strength now. Would like more muscle than fat and to be able to wear nicer clothes! Planning on taking up heavy lifting (gonna build up to it slowly ) as have seen some amazing results on the success forum where ladies have lifted heavy!)
    Would love to be able to support and be supported by other dinky women like yourselves.
    Hope everyone is doing good
    Jolene
    x
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3.5" I hope I can join in this conversation too ;). I have always felt like a short, especially living in Denmark. I am 7 lbs away from being within my normal weight range. These last few pounds have been torturous. I want them off before the new year so I can focus on getting fit and maintaining instead of yet another losing weight resolution and am working really hard at it. My highest was 230. I am now at 150. Ultimately I would love to be around 125. I will be happy being classified at normal weight for now. I can't wait for it!!! Other shorties are free to add me. I so wish I was taller so that I could eat more lol
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'1 and always had an issue with weight and how I can gain a single pound and it look like 10! Sound familiar? I started off weighing 232 pounds. My fitness pal only reflects a portion of my weight loss, as I started losing before finding out about the site. I am now down to 150 pounds. Went from a tight size 20, and now down to a comfortable size 8! The road to this loss has been very hard, and continues to be an uphill battle! I wish you all the luck! If you want to add me for support and advice, feel free! :smile:
  • jodazary
    jodazary Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    im a towering 5ft and my weight has gone up since i last posted yes every pound shows on us shorties and charts show me as morbidly obese but charts dont allow for muscle weight ever since meeting my boyfriend who is an avid hiker i have hiked over 400 miles in the last 6 months and im not talking casual day walks im talking hikes up the side of mtns here in the mtns of east tn. my waist has gone from 34" to 29" and thanks to the many hikes i can leg press over 300 lbs so i dont care what the scales say im in great shape plus im a 36 D which adds to the weight im sure
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i was 198 @ my highest, 180 when i started here..i am 5 foot even..i lost 52 lbs, then slowly gained 10 lbs back over the last year..anyone feel free to friend me, but let me know you saw this so i know :smile: :drinker:
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I started here on March 31st, 2012 at 238.8lb. I am 5'2" tall, 48 years old, and have lost 49lb and 100.5". You really CAN do this.

A few things I have learnt on my journey so far:
    1. measure yourself as soon as you can, and keep track of it. If I had not done so, I would have lost my mind, because I was not seeing
    weight coming off, but the inches were.

2. log everything you eat or drink.

3. There is NO such thing as a "cheat day". "Cheating" is a shortcut to a goal... you will not get to your goal by any shortcut, therefore,
    you are NOT "cheating"... you are lapsing. I do not have a lapse day. IF I want to eat something, decide... do I want that particular
    thing, or do I want to lose weight? I am not saying you have to deprive yourself, but at the beginning you need to evaluate things.

4. Don't just go for hundreds of MFP friends.. quality over quantity... support each other. Don't expect support and not give it.

5. Remember.. despite how accurate your bathroom scales are.. THEY LIE!

6. Use measuring cups and kitchen scales. Your idea of a serving, is probably more than it should be.

7. Keep active!

8. Do DRINK THE WATER! It really does make a difference.

9. Make small changes at first...and add more. They will become habits. Believe me.

10. Remember... you have choices. How badly do you WANT it? NO EXCUSES! To quote Yoda "Do or not, there is no try".

Believe in yourself, you are stronger than you think.

I wish you all the very best on your journey to a healthier happier you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!