Personal Trainer who needs support!

Options
I have fallen off the healthy-eating wagon. I fell off so hard, it left bruises and scars all over my body. And I want nothing more than to hop back on and hold on for dear life.

I'll start from the beginning. In May of 2011 I weighed in at 197.6 pounds on the scale in my bathroom. I was devastated. I couldn't believe I had let myself get that big, given that I am a mere 5 foot 2 inches. I decided that I had enough, and I started tracking my food intake, began exercising (on my treadmill) at least 30 minutes a day, and eventually started changing my eating habits to more healthier ones.

Fast forward 8 months later to January of 2012 and I weighed in at 128 pounds. I fell in love with fitness so much so that I decided to start school to get my degree in Advanced Health and Fitness and become a personal trainer.

At that point I was down to a size 2 and I was as thin as I had ever remembered EVER being in my life - and I was STILL not satisfied. I compared myself to other women constantly and I hated my body. More over, I was stuck at a plateau for over a month and I was becoming frustrated. This eventually led me to develop bulimia. Once I saw that didn't work, I stopped the purging part and simply binged all the time.

Over the course of 11 months I have gained almost 20 poundsfrom all of my binging, and I am done with the pity party. Part of that weight gain is muscle - my legs are buff and have little fat on them, and I'm only a size 4 - but I'm tired of feeling guilty and bloated after eating unhealthy meals. Changing my lifestyle is about being healthy, not just about looking good.

I am 3 months away from graduating and becoming a certified personal trainer, and I want to live the lifestyle that I want my clients to live. My classmate and I plan on having our own fitness studio for Women's Fitness that offers bootcamps, group exercise classes, personal training, and yoga and meditation. I want live as healthy as I can be when we open our doors.

My education has included nutrition classes, proper macronutrient ranges for different types of athletes and fitness goals, and proper training for different goals. I KNOW what it is I need to do, but it is challenges that I need to overcome. When I started to lose weight I had virtuallly no friends because I was socially awkward. Now I have a large group of friends and a boyfriend who highly enjoy their junk food and alcohol consumption. Not only that, but I live with my sister who works at Pizza Hut and brings home pizza every single night. These have been the main obstacles I have faced.

Luckily, exercise is enjoyable for me, and it is my resistance training that has kept me from ballooning even faster.

My plan is to start over again with MFP and tracking all of my calories. I will plan my food intake the night before just like I used to, and I have to figure out a way to tackle the pizza cravings I get every night (suggestions???). I have to be more disciplined and stick to my guns.

My goal is to lose 6 pounds by January 1st (mostly water weight, but that's okay), and one inch off my hips. I need all the support I can get, so add me and keep me motivated! That's right, the personal trainer is asking for support!

Thanks guys!

Replies

• Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    You can add me, although I'll admit I'm not one of those "comments on your diary every day" type friends. I usually eat healthy, although this weekend and today weren't particularly good examples, but it's holiday party week and free food trumps healthy to a poor grad student!
  • go3gurl2go1
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I'm an ex-athlete so working out is and will always be a part of my life. (I just had to take a break from it for a bit because it is both mentally and physically draining!) I've never really had a super healthy diet, but I've FINALLY decided that I want to be a bit more conscious of what I eat to fuel my body. I'm pretty positive and would be gladly willing to offer any support :)
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Way to get yourself rebooted and back into a healthier lifestyle. You'll do great! Just don't let numbers get you down. Stick with what feels good. : )
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I maybe in shape right now (many thanks to heavy weight lifting which makes me eat as much as 2,500 calories and not gain weight :D), play soccer, swimming and also a fan of reading more fitness articles but I would love to have some support and additional knowledge from trainers.

Kudos for taking charge of your health and getting back to fitness bandwagon.

EDIT: I'm also 5'2 by the way
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    hey there, im just about to finish my group fitness cert, i am 15 pounds away from my goals weight, i have the left over baby weight. I have in the past been like yourself not happy and always comparing myself to others,i did binge alot but somehow got past that, it has gotten harder in the last few months cos my placement for my hours is coming up and id like to appear fit but i just seem so FAT" im not but still'
    You gotta let go and try and love your self and stop comparing, its hard i know but it will be a never ending battle if you do not try.
    The fitness industry is a very competitive/judgmental industry, i do not do this myself, but i see it everywhere. The pressure is insane!
    Chin up. your about to graduate!!! focus on eating better,exercising and taking each day as it comes"
  • _Tuyana_
    _Tuyana_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 158 cm or 5'2" :) I'm maintaining and I love fitness, my diary is open too. I usually get into a routine of having the same food (right now I'm into oats soaked overnight) but I change it up every now and then. I'm a newbie in weight lifting (going through NROLFW programme at the moment) and I really like what it does to my, but I like high impact cardio too (i.e. Zumba).
  • ActiveYogi
    ActiveYogi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You should try making your own healthy pizza! Pizza is actually a very well rounded, balanced meal when paired with a salad and topped with lean chicken. Just buy some whole wheat dough, low fat cheese, use tomato puree instead of the sugary tomato sauces sold in stores, top it with veggies and herbs and viola! You can have your pizza pie and eat it too :)