protein shakes

Options
I have been thinking about supplementing a protein shake for one of my meals, preferably for after my workouts. Any suggestions on a certain kind? Never really been a protein shake kind of person, but I am finding that I am not overly hungry after leaving the gym. Figured a protein shake might be the answer. Any help or suggestions would be great! thanks!!!

Replies

• jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I like About Time for making my own protein-supplement stuff, but there are definitely some cheaper options out there that I'm sure folks can point you to.

http://www.shopabouttime.com/
  • Chessie24
    Options
    I personally like the lean shakes from GNC. It's their store brand. It's 25g protein and 170 calories. It took a little bit for me to work into as far as a meal replacement but they taste decent and had one of the best protein/calorie ratios I had seen.
  • cynthiawallach
    cynthiawallach Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    yes yes protein shakes are just what you need the one i use is proflex 20 dutch chocolet from melaleuca it is sold on line at 150 in cal. my husband likes them for his sweet treat an they only have 2 sugars in one serving if you need help to get some let me know an i can send you some in the mail
  • SlimEsq
    SlimEsq Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This is good thinking. I have seen much better results when I am having more protein. I drink the GNC brand which is pretty economical. Each serving of 3 scoops is 60 grams of protein. I generally get enough protein so I will have a scoop and a half for 30 calories every mid-morning.

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3509954&cp=3703232
  • harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    FOr me, Protein shakes are merely a supplement to my protein intake. I find the cheapest one that isn't chock full of sugar or unnecessary crap and go with that. I too like the GNC protein. I also like Optimum Nutrition Gold standard and the Body Fortress at Walmart is OK. I'd find the cheapest one that tastes good to you. Hope this helps.
  • sjbruno7
    sjbruno7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    all of this is really helpful! Thank you so much!
  • sjbruno7
    sjbruno7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    yes yes protein shakes are just what you need the one i use is proflex 20 dutch chocolet from melaleuca it is sold on line at 150 in cal. my husband likes them for his sweet treat an they only have 2 sugars in one serving if you need help to get some let me know an i can send you some in the mail

can you send me a link? :)
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I use Jay Robb chocolate protein powder, mixed with skim milk and a TBSP of peanut. I do it in the blender and add ice cubes, so it come out like a real shake. Wasn't too sure about it to begin with, but I like them now. I often USB one for breakfast or lunch, after my workout. I but it at Whole Foods (also have seen it online at Vitacost), and chose it because I was looking for something sugar free. It has 25 g protein per scoop. I only use 3/4 scoop with 3/4 cup skim milk, tho. By the time I add ice and mix, it makes about 24 oz and I am full to the brim after drinking it!
  • jwalsh1109
    Options
    I use Isagenix Undenatured Whey protein most stuff sold in stores is full of heavy metals, artificial sweetners. Cheap doesnt always mean healthy or good quality. I guess you need to look at the pros and cons of adding in protein shakes.