I dropped a crumb of cheese, can I deduct the calorie?

Options
Hahah... anyone else pondered this? I know it's crazy BUT when you're counting every calorie, every calorie counts! Never actually deducted it, but funny thoughts like this do cross my mind from time to time. Anyone else as crazy as me? :laugh: :noway:

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do. And it has worked for me. So bam!
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Bend down and pick it up, that will probably burn 1 calorie, then you can eat it back.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    When I go to say McDonalds and order like a wrap - I ask for no cheese and sauce on the side, but still log as if I got everything on it. I find it better to overlog so i can 'bite' out of a ton of stuff later haha
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Dropping it is zero calories, picking it up off the floor is 0.5 calories, but if you clean and jerk it - its 0.83 calories
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    *Raises hand*

I'm like that too. Like when sb takes a bite of what I'm eating after I weighed it, I'm thinking "heyyy, I just logged that! Now, since I don't know how much you took, I can't deduce it. Sad." but I don't say anything, I just smile and pretend I'm not crazy and obsessed lol
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I DO THIS TOO! Or at least, I think about it, lol. If something happens to the portion I've logged, I just log the full amount anyways and pretend I ate it all. It has made me much less likely to share my food, though! It's like MINE THIS IS ALL MIIIIIINE!!!!!
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'm crazy, but I'm probably driving my family crazy. Did you measure this? How much of that did you use? :bigsmile:
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I just cut my toenails...should I re-weigh myself !!??
  • brihodges
    brihodges Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm totally guilty of thinking that! What makes it worse, is my hubby is also on MFP and so we have these kind of conversations all the time....we have to run the dishwasher once a day because it fills up with measuring cups so fast!

How about the "I weighed myself and then went pee, I better reweigh myself." I'm totally guilty of that!
  • BriskaPacojame
    Options
    Dropping it is zero calories, picking it up off the floor is 0.5 calories, but if you clean and jerk it - its 0.83 calories

Bend & Snap!! I should try this, make it quick for the 5 second rule too.
  • BriskaPacojame
    Options
    I DO THIS TOO! Or at least, I think about it, lol. If something happens to the portion I've logged, I just log the full amount anyways and pretend I ate it all. It has made me much less likely to share my food, though! It's like MINE THIS IS ALL MIIIIIINE!!!!!

I rarely share anymore either lol. If I log it, I'm going to enjoy EVERY.DANG.CALORIE. Minus the crumbs, but usually those fall in my bra anyways. Night time snack, already calculated!
  • BriskaPacojame
    Options
    I just cut my toenails...should I re-weigh myself !!??

Depends on how long they were. If they were curled over the top :huh: Yes. Regular size, eh, will the 1/8th of an ounce count? HELL YES!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    *Raises hand*

I'm like that too. Like when sb takes a bite of what I'm eating after I weighed it, I'm thinking "heyyy, I just logged that! Now, since I don't know how much you took, I can't deduce it. Sad." but I don't say anything, I just smile and pretend I'm not crazy and obsessed lol

me too!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Lick that crumb of cheese off the floor!!! Cheese is never to be wasted! :) Anything else... Eh sure deduct it, I wonder the same thing... But cheese... 5 second rule is ALWAYS legit for cheese!
  • BriskaPacojame
    Options
    But if I lick it off the floor, how do I calculate the calories in the dirt that probably stuck to it? Another freakin calorie I'd have to run a mile to burn! :sad:
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I just strained myself really hard dropping a duece. Can I cound thouse as those workout calories?

Sop taking this so serously.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I've become a real b!tch about giving my cat my tuna....I already logged it you jerk cat!! I still give her some though....in case she might claw my eyes out in my sleep.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I just strained myself really hard dropping a duece. Can I cound thouse as those workout calories?

Oh my god....who would be so dumb as to log a$s straining as exercise?

I do log the wiping as strength training though.....
  • tenderbaby
    tenderbaby Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yeah, same here! Not sharing any food with my boyfriend anymore, just can't help it-MY PRECIOUS!!!!
  • BriskaPacojame
    Options

sarcasm_zps40e2d1b3.jpg