What a span of 7 months will do (pics)

Options
I started out at 315 on May 22nd, 2012. Today I hit 239.5. I rarely am able to eat under my goal of 1400. I have a lot of days when I'm not proud of myself. But I try to exercise at least 5 days a week. I try to get out and move, even when I'm not feeling up to it. I'm able to do things I wasn't able to do before. Before, I found it hard to walk a mile in less than twenty minutes. Now I can run a mile in 9:30 and a 5k in 35 minutes. I just am here to say that if I can do it, you guys can do it too. I hope I can just encourage someone that is feeling down today. Anyways, I just wanted to share. Good luck to ALL of you on your adventures, whether you're just starting or almost done.
2zsz39v.jpg

Replies

• Miss_Hiker_Pants
    Miss_Hiker_Pants Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! You go girl. Other than running, and dieting what else are you doing
  • Sharon_73
    Sharon_73 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    This is fabulous! Congratulations!
  • karag413
    karag413 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!! that is great, congrats!
  • kshaw5501
    kshaw5501 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! You look awesome!
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    This is the type of stuff I like to see and helps keep me motivated. Great job! This is beyond amazing.
  • I_Will_Be_Then
    Options
    Great Job!!!
  • caroleannlight
    caroleannlight Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Really well done on all your hard work. I hope to follow in your footsteps.
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    amazing. Simply amazing! Your hard work and determination has done so well for you! Great job!
  • BrittKnee_Rae
    BrittKnee_Rae Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!! So much progress in such little time.. Congrats, keep on keeping on.. YOU ROCK :)
  • jchris92
    Options
    Thank you all! Other than dieting and running I try to go to the gym twice a week for lifting and core. It doesn't happen as often as if like, haha!
    I forgot to add that I'm always looking for friends to share journeys with, so if you want to add me please do!
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I started out at 315 on May 22nd, 2012. Today I hit 239.5. I rarely am able to eat under my goal of 1400. I have a lot of days when I'm not proud of myself. But I try to exercise at least 5 days a week. I try to get out and move, even when I'm not feeling up to it. I'm able to do things I wasn't able to do before. Before, I found it hard to walk a mile in less than twenty minutes. Now I can run a mile in 9:30 and a 5k in 35 minutes. I just am here to say that if I can do it, you guys can do it too. I hope I can just encourage someone that is feeling down today. Anyways, I just wanted to share. Good luck to ALL of you on your adventures, whether you're just starting or almost done.
    2zsz39v.jpg

Congratulations. Much respect.
  • katattak73
    Options
    great job, your very encouraging ;)
  • shellonthebeach
    shellonthebeach Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • threeonethree
    threeonethree Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Whoa. You look amazing. Posts like this are a huge motivation. thanks
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Wow! So inspiring! You look great!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    WOW..there is a mjaor different there.. Kudos on the running...
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    My dear, you look amazing and sound so confident! Congratulations on your running time - that's impressive!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Wow way to go
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    What an improvement! It is inspiring to hear someone who keeps trying even through the bad days.
  • racerchick31
    racerchick31 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Job! :happy:

You look great! It's really inspiring to read about how you struggle yet push through & still see those results even if you're not perfect day to day! Thank you for sharing your story!

Congratulations on your loss!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!