Need a super smoothie!

Options
Help? I'm looking for a great smoothie combo of fruits & veggies, or more! Lunch is always the meal I have the hardest time with. My son had just learned to crawl and does NOT want to be hindered in any way from this activity. Its hard to make a proper meal (and eat it) while chasing the little guy around the house. I'm thinking if I get enough veggies (or other foods?) I might be able to make a decent "lunch smoothie". Anyone have any recipies they are willing to share with me?

Replies

• SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Silk fruit and protein 1/2 c
    yoplait greek yogurt 100 cal any flavor (frozen)
    1/2 banana
    5 frozen strawberries or 1/4 frozen pineapple chunks
    1 c baby spinach

I never use ice in smoothies. You get some protein from the silk and the yogurt. You can also throw any supplements you are taking into the mix. A friend of mine adds broccoli but it makes me cringe. She says you can't taste it though... Anyway, this is what I have for breakfast about every other day.
  • AndiK0504
    Options
    Thanks! I never thought of freezing the yogurt. *face palm* lol I was using ice and I HATE the texture it gives. I'll have to try this tomorrow morning.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened almond milk, a scoop of protein powder, yogurt (I freeze it when its nearing the expiry date), any fruit, frozen Oj or other frozen juice. I havent used veggies in a smoothie, but I just whip something up with what i have :)
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Here's a Super Green smoothie someone shared w me

2 tbsp hemp seeds
    1 cup of water
    1 banana
    1/2 cup chopped kale
    1/2 cup chopped collards
    1/2 cup chopped spinach
    A handful parsley
    2 tbsp dried (or fresh) mint
    1 tbsp maple syrup/raw honey/or dates
    1 juice of a lime

Blend till smooth
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    This morning I had
    - two servings of mostly black mixed berries
    - one serving frozen spinach
    - half an avocado
    - scoop of protein powder
    - water to thin slightly
    - tiny bit of natural sweetener.

If it's for lunch why not a hearty vegetable and lentil soup? I like block creamed coconut for richness.
  • mrscompgeek
    Options
    My fav is
    1 Banana
    2 cups spinach
    2 Tablespoons peanut butter
    1 Cup Dark CHocolate almond milk
    1 Cup another fruit (depending on what I have on hand. I like to use something that isnt strong flavor so it blends with the peanut butter/chocolate better. I usually use Pear, Apple, Mango or peaches)