Protein

Options
I have been doing a lot of research about protein and exercising. I am trying to build lean muscle mass and work out (2-3 cardio and 4 with weights per week). A lot of the research I'm doing seems to indicate that to build lean muscle mass I need to be eating more protein than what this program allows. The past couple of weeks I've just been ignoring my protein overage (I'm also cutting my carbs so my calories are always in a deficit). Any thoughts?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    why not change your goals and increase your % protein and decrease fat or carbs or both. go to Goals, change goals, select custom, make your changes then click save changes.
  • dkcj4fox
    dkcj4fox Posts: 35
    Options
    What are your current ratios? You can change your goals.

IMO with trying to build lean muscle and weight training you need to be at least 20% if not closer to 30% protein.

If you're trying to cut carbs then maybe try starting at 40/30/30 (carbs/protein/fat)

Might take some time to find the right ratio.
  • leadman
    leadman Posts: 7
    Options
    I find MFP protein goal to be to be way too low and changed my goal to about 0.7g/lbs. I still go over but I don't mind since it's usually at the expense of carbs.
  • mfegan
    mfegan Posts: 6
    Options
    Very cool! I didn't know I could change my settings! I'm going for a more 40/30/30 as well. Thanks!