today's tragedy

Options
the news of today's tragic school shooting ... the shooting at the mall in oregon earlier this week ... the shooting at the movie theater months ago ... our world is in TROUBLE ...

disclaimer: i AM NOT in any way comparing weight loss to tragedy ...

but one thing mfp has shown me these last few months is that the ONLY way for me to make a difference in MY LIFE, is for ME to take charge and DO SOMETHING!! i have talked about getting healthy for years ... and i NEVER got healthy!! only now that i have CHOSEN to DO SOMETHING have i noticed some positive change!!

i'm listening to the news now ... they are interviewing doctors, and psychologists, and lawyers, and police ... it is time that we STOP talking, and START DOING!!

ghandi said "you must become the change that you want to see in the world"

there is ENOUGH hate and negativity and discrimination in our world today ... now it's time for change!!

now it's time to become the change ... for ALL of us ...CHOOSE to be positive, CHOOSE to be nice, CHOOSE to lend a helping hand, CHOOSE to make a DIFFERENCE!!

and choose tonight, to pray ...

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not.”
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Replies

• katlac1
    katlac1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well said.

The other day I posted here because I felt so bad about myself because I ate so much. I went to lunch today at a new restaurant and probably ate too much (can't bring myself to count), but with what I see and hear on the news I can't bring myself to feel as bad as I did the other day.

I've done well and I AM important - but with all the sadness today I can't see over eating today as such a horrible thing.