Treadmill burned calories different from site

Options
Hi there-
I just finished on the treadmill and it showed 277 calories burned. When I came onto the site and put in the times it showed only 200 calories burned. Does anyone know why there is such a difference and which one would be more accurate? Of course the treadmill one sounds much better! :)

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Do you put your weight in on the treadmill? Technically, MFP might be more accurate since it knows your weight and height... but I usually go by the treadmill. *shrug*
  • DogsRule666
    Options
    Does MFP know how fast you were going on the treadmill? Speed will make a difference, as well as weight and age.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I usually trust the readings on the treadmill/elliptical more than what MFP tells you. Since I'm able to input my weight, and it's accurately tracking the speed the entire time, it's able to come up with an accurate number.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it actually says somewhere on here to go by the treadmill value if it differs. Bare in mind most exercise equipment overestimates your calories burn by 10-15%, so be careful =)
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    MFP says to enter the calories from the machine if possible but I agree that only enter it if you can manually put your height and weight into the machine!
  • melonyl
    melonyl Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate your answers.