Jillian Michael's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism

Options
2»

Replies

• Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I love that dvd! Not something I could do everyday (I get bored easily with dvds though. Hence my 15+ workout dvd collection) 300ish cals burnt sounds about right. I have used an HRM and my BMF while doing that in the past.
  • xXSydneyNicoleXx
    Options
    I own this one, and love it. Enjoy.

Circuit 3 (butt kicks, high knees, jumping jacks) will kill you.

Ughhh jumping jacks are the worst. :tongue:
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I just did this...holy cr ap! I enjoyed it though, i want to alternate some of her videos with 30 ds to keep me interested. I read on another thread to log it as cardio or aerobics - high
  • This is my all-time favourite workout DVD. Never fails to make me sweat in new and interesting ways. (Side of eyebrow, front of shin.)
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aost
    aost Posts: 44
    Options
    bump ;)
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Bump.

Am doing 30 day shred at moment, but this looks good to follow on with.
  • xRedHeaterx
    xRedHeaterx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Is this routine designed for women only? If so, does she have one for men?
  • coburngirl
    coburngirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It's for anyone who wants to sweat, breathe hard, and then feel the wish to die later :wink: It's definitely a great workout
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    bump
  • xRedHeaterx
    xRedHeaterx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It's for anyone who wants to sweat, breathe hard, and then feel the wish to die later :wink: It's definitely a great workout

Sounds good. I've also been taking a look at the 'fitness blender' videos.

Nice weight loss by the way!
  • dg0921
    dg0921 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I finally got to use mine... OMG I'm happy I started with Jillian's 30ds before I ever did this one because it was not easy! I couldn't imagine kicking off a fitness goal with BFBM if you weren't in shape to begin with.
  • dg, you're so right. I've been doing BFBM for a while now and it's amazing. Glad Jillian had already built up my endurance when I started. That said, the circuit format would make it easy for a true beginner to only do 1/2 or 1/3 or whatever of the workout.

Such a great workout, and so rewarding. Well-designed, too.

Circuit 1- kicky stuff- a lovely intro and lots of fun... more effective if you use handweights during the punches and squat right down.
    Circuit 2- My heartrate goes right up from the burpee at the start of Circuit 2. If you give all the moves full effort, it's tough.
    Circuit 3- Circuit 3 is lovely because the moves are so basic yet knackering if you give them 100% effort. Bless the standing side crunch thingees which let your heartrate come down from the bum kicks, high knees (ugh) and star jumps.
    Circuit 4- abs on the ground- this is when I notice the sweat pouring off my face. I love all these moves, though the ab circuits in "No More Trouble Zones" are definitely more challenging.
    Circuit 5- easier, but still tiring, especially moves 2 and 5 (again, going deeply into the moves makes them 999% harder).
    Circuit 6- death. I feel it's cheating a bit to miss out circuits 6 and 7 as they are KILLER, so always go on if I can just make it through Circuit 5. The standing mountain climbers and scissor kicks are brilliant for getting you out of breath.
    Circuit 7- tough when done after 6 without pausing. I find the crunches bloody awful for some reason, and loooooooooove getting to the relative easiness of the jumprope, which I try to do for an extra few minutes or so as a cooldown before going onto her stretches.
    Stretch- only bad thing about this workout. Too talky, and those on-the-floor quad stretches are pointlessly hard on the knees. I try to skip or jog around till she's finishing this segment then do my own stretches, taking inspiration from the excellent ones in Insanity.
  • jyllholly
    jyllholly Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, that sounds accurate with calories burned. From start to finish I have 54 mins
  • Ntoriousydc
    Ntoriousydc Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is in my experience her BEST DVD for weight loss. I did it for 3-4 months 4 to 5 days a week. I lost 81 lbs in just over 5 1/2 months and this workout was one of the major reasons why. I cannot recommend it highly enough. It will give you a HUGE calorie burn.

wow amazing weight loss! well done!!

may i ask, what deficit of calories were you eating? were you eating a calorie deficit? :)
  • ALISHAWILLIAMSON
    ALISHAWILLIAMSON Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I did this last night! It's probably my favorite Jillian DVD. Circuit 1 and Circuit 5 are SO FUN....Circuit 3 and Circuit 4 make me yell mean things at my TV! It's a great workout!

This made me laugh. I have to watch out when my son is in the room because I'm always yelling obscenities to Jillian through the TV. "Yea, I AM b****!" :laugh: :wink:
  • pelpec
    pelpec Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    BUMP for later as just starting 30 Day Shred.
  • caoimhe0
    caoimhe0 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    BUMP for later as just starting 30 Day Shred.

Good luck thats what i started with too its hard but doable :)
  • pennylane8724
    Options
    Did this really work this well for you? I want to try it.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    One of my favourite workouts! I log it under "circuit training, general" and enter the calories burned per my heart rate. I'm 5'7", 183 lbs and generally burn roughly 420 calories or so for the 55 minutes. :)