NSV, bottom shelf book store squat

Options
fishgutzy
fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
This is the strangest NSV for me yet.
Had to go to Barnes and Noble to get a copy of 1984 for my daughter. Orwell was on the bottom shelf.
I used have to struggle just to bend of to get a look. This time I just squatted down to the shelf to look and didn't have to hold anything to get back up. :)

Replies

• rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    A kind of weird, but very good NSV ..lol Good job :)
  • raggyanndoll
    Options
    A VERY good NSV. Sometimes it's the little things that make us realize we are making progress. Then we realize that those little things aren't so little!

Good work!
  • JosieJo2000
    JosieJo2000 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Incredible how restricted our bodies become when we"re overweight and how great it feels to have freedom to move when we slim down. Congratulations!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    This is excellent!
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I'm a photographer and earlier this year I started crying in the middle of a senior session when I realized I was squatting down to be eye-level with a kid who was sitting on the ground. I'm sure he thought I was insane. It was just so cool to realize I was doing something I HAD NEVER BEEN ABLE TO DO!
  • ElleM0
    ElleM0 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Weird? - No

Awesome? - Absolutely! :wink:
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Great
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    That's great!
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Sounds like a true mark of progress to me and a great improvement on your health! Sometimes change comes in very subtle ways and it takes a moment like that to make you realize how far you have come. Congratulations!
  • Madholm
    Madholm Posts: 167
    Options
    Hahah that is one of the better NSVs I've heard and as someone with back problems I can relate.

My only question is why didn't you loan her your copy of 1984?
  • michellevine1
    michellevine1 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Weird? - No

Awesome? - Absolutely! :wink:

This!!!!!! Totally agree!! :) Thanks for sharing
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Fantastic I know that feeling
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Read your NSV post and loved it....I remember the day i could comfortably cross my legs. Great NSV post and thanks for sharing.
  • fishgutzy
    Options

My only question is why didn't you loan her your copy of 1984?

I used a school copy back in 1978. :) Never owned my own copy.
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    It is cool as I get back all those little things I used to do without a second thought.
    It really is motivating when I notice these things. Tying my shoes with my feet on the floor. Needing to buy a new belt because I ran out of holes on the other end instead.
  • jeanmoreno
    jeanmoreno Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    totally with you on that,is all this small things you couldn't do and you can do now who telling you,you are doing the right thing!!!!:wink:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    been there & done that ........ that is AWESOME in my book :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!