Just joined MFP today... *gulp*

Options
...and I'm looking for some accountability & encouragement as I try to lose between 70-100 pounds! :smile:

Add me!

rickylynne

Replies

• wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Good luck. It was one of the best things I've done. Add me if you'd like.
  • ccnv
    ccnv Posts: 3
    Options
    I have about the same to lose. Add me as your MFP friend if you like. I too could use the encouragement.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You will love it! I have wanted to lose weight for so long and mfp has made it so easy. I have been here for about 140 days and I have lost 20 pounds. I have at least 30 to go. Probably closer to 40 though to be where my doctor wants me. I will send you a friend request. Welcome to the best choice you could make regarding weight loss.
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    I with you all add me if you will! I just had my fourth daughter 4 weeks ago and now its time to get my last two pregnancy weight gains off because they were so close together I didn't lose before I was pregnant again. 70 pounds is a goal but ultimate goal is closer to 97 pounds. We can all do this with support and encouragement! One day at a time!
  • brandie_lou
    Options
    Hi and welcome :) I've been here a while, but have been off for a while. Although still trying to eat healthier, it just made me feel so guilty seeing that most days how awful I was doing. I had a traumatic ankle injury two years ago and have had surgery every year since. I had my entire ankle rebuilt last May with a cadaver bone, tissue and cartilage and was bedridden for 4 months. Only to turn around and have nerve dissection this past February which required another month of non-weight. I'm walking & just starting working out on the elliptical....but it's so painful it's unreal. But this this is what I want to do because I want greater things in life.

Eating healthy is the hardest thing I've ever done, especially since I've never eaten veggies. Hate them. They make me gag. So, I'm in the same boat. I've also scheduled Lap-Band surgery but that's a slow-go especially due to insurance. I swear, they require you to sign your first born away.

So, feel free to add me as well! I need encouragement, A LOT!!!!
  • Poetry_In_Pics
    Options
    I also have to lose a lot of weight... I try to focus on a day at a time instead of the big picture so that I don't become discouraged. :smile: It's nice to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you better!
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    This is a start of a beautiful, life-changing journey. We'll all support you :flowerforyou:

Start off 1400-1500 net calories a day until you can invest in a measuring tape & we can get your proper BMI & daily energy spent (referred to as TDEE) so you know how many calories you need a day. Be sure that you strength-train 3 days a week, or else your body won't get to where you want it to be.

Best of luck! Feel free to add me :heart:
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Set interim goals and rewards. Take measurements regularly (because sometimes the scale won't move much but the inches will show you're changing). And take it slow. Starving doesn't work and it makes it less likely you'll stick with it. Set your goal at 1/2 to 1 pound a week and enjoy the fact that when you start, you really don't have to deprive yourself. And keep moving. Always keep moving.

Good luck!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I admire your courage starting a weight loss routine during the holidays, but really, why EVER put it off. I put it off for 20 years and regret not starting sooner. you will love it here. I have been on 101 days and have lost 40 pounds. It was a bit too fast but because I have so much to lose I am allowing myself a rapid loss until I hit 200. Good luck! you can do this.

log everything.
    move everyday.
    forgive yourself.
    read everything.
    ignore most of what you read.
  • GSS3
    GSS3 Posts: 1
    Options
    Just joined, too. "Going public" to force/encourage myself to be accountable. 56 yr-old grandfather. Goal is to lose 25lbs then see if that's a healthy, long-term weight for me. I have enjoyed running and biking in the past. Need my teenaged sons to teach me how to do strength-training safely and effectively. I rigged a Rube Goldberg cascade of tables last night in front of our home treadmill to be able to watch movies on my laptop while I'm walking/running. Easy enough to move when on the stationary bike. Good luck!
  • scorepiyo
    scorepiyo Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    All feel free to add me