12 Weeks of Stronglifts: Still a woman! Lotsa pics.

Options
LorinaLynn
LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
I just finished my 12th week of Stronglifts 5x5. Fantastic group here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women

I've been lifting about a year and a half, but the first year was on machines at the gym, and since July, I've been using free weights at home. Mostly just putzing around not following any particular program until I started SL in late September. I've been taking photos every two weeks to track my progress, and eating at maintenance (about 2300 calories a day).

I'm not posting these photos because they show some awesome transformation. In fact, there's not a helluva lot of difference between my starting photos and my week 12 photos. And that's the point. Lifting heavy made me buttloads stronger. But it didn't make me into She-Hulk. I might eat like a man, lift like a man, sweat like a man, smell like a man and swear like a man... but I still look most definitely like a woman.

All the boring stats...

Starting weight: 132.2
Week 2: 132.6
Week 4: 132.6
Week 6: 135
Week 8: 135
Week 10: 134.2
Week 12: 133.5

According to online calculators, My body fat gone from 20% at the start, to 18.6% now. I'm not sure if that's accurate or not, but I don't much care. I'm happy with how I look and feel, so the exact number doesn't matter to me.

Squat:
Start: 45
Week 2: 70
Week 4: 97
Week 6: 110
Week 8: 127
Week 10: 142
Week 12: 160

Deadlift:
Start: 75
Week 2: 90
Week 4: 107
Week 6: 110
Week 8: 135
Week 10: 145
Week 12: 160

Bench:
Start: 65
Week 2: 75
Week 4: 77
Week 6: 80
Week 8: 85
Week 10: 90
Week 12: 100

Row:
Start: 65
Week 2: 75
Week 4: 87
Week 6: 90
Week 8: 95
Week 10: 100
Week 12: 105

Overhead Press:
Start: 45
Week 2: 55
Week 4: 62
Week 6: 62
Week 8: 65
Week 10: 65
Week 12: 70

And the photos. Since the biweekly photos are getting pretty tiny, I also put the starting photos with the final photos.

w-12-IMG_5136.jpg

start-w12-IMG_5136.jpg

w12-IMG_5113.jpg

start-w12-IMG_5113.jpg

w12-IMG_5127.jpg

start-w12-IMG_5127.jpg

w12-IMG_5139.jpg

start-w12-IMG_5139.jpg

w-12-IMG_5121.jpg

start-w12-IMG_5121.jpg

And this is why it gets so frustrating when we see women who think they're going to get big and bulky lifting weights, and especially when they're doing something like the 30 Day Shred with 3 pound dumbbells and eating 1200 calories. I didn't get noticeably bigger... I'm still wearing the same clothes. I didn't lose my curves... in fact, my waist got smaller. My bum got higher and perkier.

And best of all... I feel like a superhero. Like I said in another thread, I used to be a weakling. I once threw out my back because I twisted weird cleaning up cat puke. That was humiliating.... walking around like a question mark, and having people ask what happened. "Freak hairball injury." :blushing:

Knowing I can bench press 75% of my body weight and squat more than my bodyweight makes me strut around like a peacock. I always through of myself as pretty awesome. I'm smart, funny, creative, artistic. Being smart, funny, creative, artistic AND strong is even cooler.

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I see a very noticable difference in muscle definition, but not in a bad way. You look firmer. I think every woman would want to look that way.
  • lirr10185
    lirr10185 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference. You looked good before but the lifting defiantly toned you up and you still look very feminine. Great work! You look awesome.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • AmandaCaswell1982
    AmandaCaswell1982 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Your butt looks amazing!! Seriously! And your waist looks alot smaller!

I just threw out my back last week- petting my cat. While not as embarrassing as the hairball incident, I totally understand. "why are you in so much pain?" "Uhhh... I pet my cat"
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Congrats on managing to avoid growing a penis!! :laugh:

Seriously though - you look amazing and I so appreicate you sharing your story all the time!

LADIES - pick stuff up and put it down. You'll look HAWT, I swear!
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Great job!!

I can't wait to get to your numbers!

You are awesome!
  • brendaschmitt1
    Options
    Great Job! i see the difference.
  • threeonethree
    threeonethree Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    As a male, I can confirm you are still a woman. Nice! Seriously impressive.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post, as always!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Congrat on managing not losing you uterus. Lol

Perfect example of the affect of heavy lifting.
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference! Awesome post and awesome work. I want to start lifting (am reading NROLFW) but need to check out the free gym at work to do so and I'm scared out of my mind. I'll do it though because I want to see what kind of results I can get over the next 6 months.

Thanks for posting!
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Good job.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I love your posts. Excellent job!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Lorina,

Your numbers are impressive!! You have done such a super job. Wow. When I completed the 12 weeks of SL my numbers weren't as high as yours. Strong lady!! And you look GREAT. I bet you feel awesome :smile: Keep up the awesomeness because you rock! :drinker:
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    amazing and gorgeous results. Thanks so much for sharing. great motivation to keep lifting!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Love your cat puke story! I can so relate:). Lol
    You look awesome, that's what I want to be when I grow up!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Its so sad when women trick them selves into thinking they look BETTER after lifting and not just that they look huge and bulky the way the rest of us see them. :(

(seriously, I love the way you document everything with photos, the differences are pretty minor when you're already in great shape but I can clearly see them - you look firmer and i see better muscle definition. And your stomach looks more defined and I already thought your stomach looked pretty great.)
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Your butt looks amazing!! Seriously! And your waist looks alot smaller!

I just threw out my back last week- petting my cat. While not as embarrassing as the hairball incident, I totally understand. "why are you in so much pain?" "Uhhh... I pet my cat"

^^^^^Exactly, except the cat comment......butt and stomach are rocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!
    Can't wait to up my stats like that ... Would be there by now, but took about 6 weeks off due to injury followed by lazy and scared to get back into the gym ... I am back now though and although sore, glad I am!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Amazing as usual! You've made awesome progress!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!