I am impressed with myself when........

Options
2»

Replies

• HelpMeBeSkinnyASAP
    Options
    When I pass up my broithers half eaten birthday cake that has been taunting me . When I pass up the free pizza and breadsticks at work for a salad. :D
  • JSheehy1965
    Options
    I realize how much heavier I can lift than just a month ago and that I look forward to going to the gym early on a Saturday morning instead of having a lie in.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    When I can negate all emotion and complete a task 100% objectively but at the end of the day I can switch myself back on.
  • MrsPodaski
    Options
    I make pancakes and put some on my plate, then decide against it and make up a couple scrambled aggs and grab a new plate. Calculated that I just saved myself 260 calories doing that ;-)
    :smile:
  • raven23uk
    raven23uk Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I pushed myself on this lazy Saturday afternoon and went to the gym to do a cardio workout
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I had a horrible day and took it out on the cardio machines instead of punishing my body with a binge.

We ordered Chinese food the other night, and I got roasted chicken and broccoli (no sauce) instead of chicken fried rice.

I have a HUGE bowl of Christmas chocolates on my desk at work, and I've only eaten 2-3 tiny pieces every day instead of half the bowl.

I went to the gym aiming for four minutes on the elliptical (I'm 311 pounds, and I have knee issues), and I was able to do six minutes before I stopped. If I can keep adding 30 seconds to a minute every day, I can get up to my goal of staying on for 45 minutes.
  • iamkarent
    iamkarent Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I sit and eat with my kids happily devouring a breakfast of yogurt, nutty whole grain toast, and fresh pineapple,kiwi, melon and apple slices(their plates with peanut butter to dip them in)

Glad we take the time...and hoping to pass along better habits for their future...
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    ....I can stop snacking after dinner and go to bed without guilt.
  • schaskes
    schaskes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I can do two reps of 10 pushups each from my toes!!!
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I convince myself at 645PM to go for my 3-mile @ pace run the day before I'm actually supposed to do in order to avoid missing the run or running at 4AM after it's been snowing all night. The things we do to not miss workouts.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I buy a snack bag of Doritos and it lasts 2 days! (most of the time ....lol)
  • sophasaurusx
    Options
    When i turn down a chocolate bar, for a piece of fruit instead!:bigsmile:
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Constantly. Like every moment of every day.
  • EricaMBlakely
    EricaMBlakely Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When I can jog for 10 minutes and then go do leg lifts without a problem.