Biggest Factor in your Weight Loss Journey.... GO!

Options

Replies

• Christy175
    Christy175 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Logging, fitbit, martial arts, heavy weightlifting.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Logging. Just logging.
  • dragonflyz76
    Options
    God.
  • Allyson1985
    Options
    Accountability.
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    The first for me was: Cutting out sugar beverages, increased water. That small change was been huge! I also reducing alcohol (not that i ever drank much).

After I got that under my belt it was: Focus on portion sizes, reducing how much I ate and shrinking my stomach helped me feel more full and crave less.

Now it is calories (and tracking them) Sure eating less is a huge thing but making the most of the calories I eat is necessary! I tried a bit of a Who Nu cookie, it was ok. Before I would eat it so I had a little enjoyment Now I went, it is ok but it is not worth that calories, I'd rather really enjoy something for what it costs.
  • Aitm20
    Aitm20 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Willpower
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing that helped me get to my goal was getting off the diet train. I stopped counting calories and started cooking more at home. For me calorie counting and tracking leads me down a dangerous path so I had to learn how to eat without tracking every thing I put in my mouth. This is the only way I was able to be successful and I have been maintaining for a year now.

Awesome! This is my goal-goal, too.
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Logging and seeing the reality of what I was eating.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Not allowing changes to alter how I eat. I'd had such a strict routine of eating healthy, losing weight, running, working-out, etc. and this past year a lot changed -- I traveled A LOT!, ate whatever I wanted, moved 2300 miles away from my family -- and now it's time to get back to "me"
    Logging definitely helps; but also realizing that "vacation" and "changes" don't need to disrupt my eating. It was a rough year. Looking forward to 2013.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Weighing and logging what I eat, combined with knowing what I burn by wearing my BMF Link. Knowing exactly what's going in and what's going out is fantastic. Even if the amounts aren't exact, they have been close enough that I lost when I wanted to lose and I'm maintaining now that I want to maintain. In the past when I have lost, I just went back to eating how I wanted afterwards, and this time, while I'm still doing that, I know what I'm doing right and wrong this time. Now if I can just stick to an exercise routine that allows me to eat whatever I want (pretty much), I will hopefully keep the weight off for good this time.
  • jrogersj
    jrogersj Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Finally caring about myself!!!!!!!!! And then, tracking food and really learning what nutritious foods are. Figuring out that I can eat 5 cuties and be way more full with natural sugar than eating one candy bar and still having that feeling of wanting more.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    A kind and patient attitude and approach to myself through this. I've never been so nice to myself before when changing my habits. This time, it's sticking.
  • kiykiy79
    kiykiy79 Posts: 177
    Options
    Three things... Planning, eating clean (less processed and cooking at home), and sweating 5-6 days a week!!
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Logging my food and seeing just how much I was consuming before.

Same here!
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    awareness of what I eat and accountability.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Learning how to track my calories & keep a food diary.
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    having a plan every morning for workout for the day and sticking to it!
  • tbetz1
    tbetz1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Eating more often, 5-6 times a day and walking/running. Oh and sleep, now that my youngest is sleeping better.
  • woodsy0912
    Options
    Planning/ logging.

Exercising.

Willpower.