Are you up for a New Year 10 week Challenge??

Options
New Year New You -- Make this One Count 2013 Challenge. We will all post a before Picture and weight, and goal, and those not comfortable posting a picture can join just by posting weight or weighloss goal!!! 10 weeks later we will all post an after picture. Then we will vote on the winning (top three) contestant!! How does this sound??

Join Group: New Year New You 2013

The challenge starts Jan 06, 2013 -- Please post before pics a week prior to challenge start date.

*Feel free to add me as a friend!

**** PLEASE SHARE THIS GROUP WITH YOUR FRIENDS!!!****

Replies

• onyxwood
    onyxwood Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    that sounds great.......count me in! Not sure if i know how to load a picture to message boards though, have never done it, but will definitely try. when should we put up pic and weight......on 1/6?
  • AngieD111
    AngieD111 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely interested. I will pass on to my friends as well.
  • sphomphak
    sphomphak Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! That will be great!
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I would love to join
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    I have what might be a really stupid question.

HOW do you take a before picture? Do you have someone take it for you? Set up a tripod? Do you choose the same outfit to wear over and over (becuase I can spanks the crap outta an outfit and look pretty darned okay)? Do you take the photo in the same location? Fully body or just face? Do I have to pose and pretend I have muscle?

Okay - turns out it wasn't a single stupid question but a series of them. Thanks in advance.
  • nikkifumasta
    Options
    I love this idea! But I am a little new to the community boards here on MFP ... so I also have the question of how do we post a picture here? Thanks for the help!
  • nikkifumasta
    Options
    Ha, Ha - I'm such a dork!

I found the group :-)

For those with the same question ... here is the New Year, New You Group Link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10184-new-year-new-you-2013-challenge
  • nmglay
    nmglay Posts: 69
    Options
    Yes, I'm interested too but don't know how to post a pic.
  • ah27205
    ah27205 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! :)
  • skynadia
    Options
    Count me in too pls! :)
  • ItsSamantha
    Options
    This is a great idea!I am joining!!Will also share when i get on my laptop :-)
  • jennibutterfly
    jennibutterfly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Greetings!

I would love to join. I should disclose that I did have the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy in October. :smile:
  • zickeyous
    Options
    Count me in
  • sweetgold
    sweetgold Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a go !! Unforunately, I did not retain any befores. I will post a photo of me taken two months ago. I have only myself and Jenny Craig to affirm my actual before weight of 325. I am now 218. Jenny started me and with them I lost 85 lbs. Since then, using three different programs, including myfitnesspal, I am my 218 today. I plan on going to 205. My doctor would like to see 195 which was my high school, college and military service weight, but that was a few years ago (and lots of tacos). This transition took three years and lots of battles with weight gain or retention.
  • rageonthepage
    Options
    Sure! Do we post the pics here? Will you start a group? How does it work?

(Sorry for all the questions! Just excited, heehee)
  • GoingAllTheWay4MeDee
    Options
    Thanks to all those who have joined my "New Year New You 2013" group!!!! Keep suggesting this group to your friends!! By the way -- I will post a "how to" post pictures on a discussion forum / message board, so juse keep an eye out for the post under the group discussion column!!! -- So do not worry!!! hugs x
  • Oddsocks15
    Oddsocks15 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Can I join in too please. Have never let a camera near my body, so a HUGE step for me to post a before pic which will have to be a recent pic as have no old pics!
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    Can I join in too please. Have never let a camera near my body, so a HUGE step for me to post a before pic which will have to be a recent pic as have no old pics!

I'm with you. I have NO idea what to wear and I have no idea who'll I'll let take the photo. I'm going to give it a go tomorrow though and .... well honestly pray that no one makes fun of me.
  • ozigal
    ozigal Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Okey Dokey...

Where do I sign up? I'm in as well.
  • vera3625
    vera3625 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would like to join!