tired of boring water...

Options

Replies

• MrsBikiniBound
    Options
    I mix tangerine and mint in my water in a batch and let it sit overnight- I also use lemons, limes etc. Tea with no added sugars (such as organic green tea) is a good option. Be careful with flavored waters or flavorings to add to water- even if they do not have sugars because they may contain sodium or other additives just to make it taste good that you may not want to be putting in to your body. That being said- if you splurge on a MiO or a lemonade powder from time to time its not going to kill ya
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I go through spurts like this once in a while. I add a small amount of cranberry juice to my water, just enough to give it a little flavor.. and it really doesn't take much since it is a strong flavor to begin with. I wouldn't do it with every glass you have, but it would mix it up a little.
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    After three months of water (and one coffee each morning, which I don't put sugar in), I had an iced tea the other day while eating out ( no sugar of course). ... Omg, it was so good. I think all the crap in soda effed up my taste buds , and they are starting to recover
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I never understand these hate water people

clean water has no taste..there is no taste to hate

to get enough water in your system each day takes literally less than 10 seconds a few times a day

you people can talk yourselves into anything

you act like drinking some water is climbing a mountain in a blizzard

quit making it such a big deal

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it is not an issue for others. For many that is exactly why they don't like it. It is boring and has no flavor.

Whoa, I think It's that mentality that has gotten most of us over weight folks to exactly that.... Over weight.

It seems we've been brain washed into thinking everything is supposed to be yummy and tasty, and it it isn't we'd better add a chemical
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options

to get enough water in your system each day takes literally less than 10 seconds a few times a day

Water is water- by itself its own essential pure form that we all need.

Not true. Your body is capable of extracting the H2O it needs from any food/drink that contains water.
    So if you don't really need to drink "pure" water why do it if you don't like it?
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

Water is water- by itself its own essential pure form that we all need.

Not true. Your body is capable of extracting the H2O it needs from any food/drink that contains water.
    So if you don't really need to drink "pure" water why do it if you don't like it?

Agreed. Pretty silly to think the body cannot extract water from just about anything we consume.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    I told Plain Water, "it's not you... it's me" and left her for a chick named Crystal Light (and her cousins). I still have a soft spot for Plain Water and see her on the side cuz Crystal and I aren't exclusive.

To shake up the routine a bit, sometimes we'll have a threesome! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: You'd be surprised how well they get along!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: <double entendre' meets 'pun intended'> :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • imback1969
    Options
    As a new member here, I am surprised to see so many people downplaying the importance to water in your diet. The human body is made up of something like 2/3 water. Sure, your body can get water out of anything you consume, but there are chemicals in a lot of these drinks being discussed that have questionable effects on the body long term. Why you wanna put your renal system and liver through that everyday? :cry:

Another note, all these drinks come in plastic or glass containers. The improper waste of billions of plastic containers, among many other things, has created an Eco-disaster on literally a global scale.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_water

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renal_system

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_liver

http://blogs.webmd.com/health-ehome/2011/11/six-tips-for-avoiding-gmos-when-you-eat-out.html

Pacific Trash Gyre
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8heSH6k7Bbo

Just my 2 cents.
  • JosieJo2000
    JosieJo2000 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get sick of it too, I bought a Soda Stream and carbonate very cold plain filtered water. Tastes almost like a treat! Sometimes I add a squeeze of lime or lemon.
  • Chrisswa
    Options
    Water + Lemon + Stevia = Guilt Free Lemonade

Ditto i do this all the time ~ makes a nice refreshing healthy guilt free Lemon Cordial :)
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Mio Drops, they're like kool-aid for grown-ups!
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    sometimes when I'm bored of water... I add some lemon juice (half of a lemon) just for the taste. It also helps when you feel thirsty.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I find the tap water here tastes of chlorine, so I either buy bottled water, or, as others have suggested, I put a squeeze of lemon or lime in it.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I drink Kroger brand All Natural Flavor (lemon lime) sparkling water beverage. No calories, no sugars. It's worked for me, since I was totally addicted to Diet Mt Dew Code Red.

And yes I do recycle!
  • fp64
    fp64 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    amen to that.
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm really digging Wyler's light drinks...they come in packets and you make it like Kool-Aid, minus the sugar, and it's only 5 calories per serving. So far I've only tried the pink lemonade, but I just bought regular lemonade and a red one (possibly cherry?) to try.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    As a new member here, I am surprised to see so many people downplaying the importance to water in your diet. The human body is made up of something like 2/3 water. Sure, your body can get water out of anything you consume, but there are chemicals in a lot of these drinks being discussed that have questionable effects on the body long term. Why you wanna put your renal system and liver through that everyday? :cry:

Another note, all these drinks come in plastic or glass containers. The improper waste of billions of plastic containers, among many other things, has created an Eco-disaster on literally a global scale.

Pacific Trash Gyre

Just my 2 cents.
    I agree with the bottled water thing. Reusable bottles are/were better but they don't sell fuses as my old buddy used to say.

Here's my 8 glasses per day:
    1 cup blueberry, raspberry apple juice for vitamins.
    2 cups coffee to pump me up at work
    1 big tumbler of water for thirst
    1 can of diet soda or water for lunch
    1 coffee or water or V8 or something for a snack
    1 sparkling mandarin flavoured no sodium drink to relax
    1 cup chocolate milk before workout and maybe one after if it fits the daily diet plan
    1 or 2 beers to relax before/after dinner
    Anything else I want if I'm still thirsty...that 10-12 8 oz glasses.
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    some days i can drink plain water, but for the most part i use crystal light, mio or something along those lines.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options

Just my 2 cents.

There is no scientific data to support that these drinks have detrimental effects on the body. However, we'll leave the aspartame debate for another thread.

There are multiple studies that show coffee prevents Type 2 diabetes, some types of cancer, Alzheimer's, and depression. It's also been shown to decrease Parkinson's symptoms .As it also hydrates just as well as water, why wouldn't I chose this instead of boring water? It also has a social aspect; when's the last time you went out for water?

In regards to other fluids such as milk, you get the hydrating effects of water, but also Vitamin D, calcium, potassium, and protein. Juice gives you potassium and Vitamin C.

My kidney and liver do just fine with these chemicals.
  • courtney2389
    Options
    Drink Crystal Light its only 5 calories.. I add it to my 22oz bottles. It tastes good and has nothing else in but the 5 calories I switched to this 2 yrs ago after always drinking gatorade. Best flavor is lemonade, the tea ones aren't good IMO try em all see what you like won't be disappointed!