Exercising help!!!

Options
Hello I am 20 years old and my height is 5'9. I began exercising about a week ago. I do a mile on the treadmill, 30 minutes on an exercise bike, and smaller exercises on the equipments in my local gym every morning 7 days a week. However, I still continue to eat my mormal foods (not diet food). My goal is to lose between 30-45 pounds! My question is if I continue to keep up with my exercising schedule, how long do you think it will take to reach my goal. Also what are some other things I can do to help speed up the process of me losing weight.

Replies

• Ramshots
    Ramshots Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You lose with your diet and you tone your body with exercise. If you want to lose weight, it's simple. Eat fewer calories than your body needs to maintain it. Exercise helps, but losing weight is 80% diet, 20% activity.
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You're not going to want to hear this, but you can over eat yourself out of any exercise you do.
  • 141by2016
    Options
    Log everything. You can't really out exercise a bad diet and I am betting you will be surprised at the amount you are actually eating. Best of luck!
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    You're not going to want to hear this, but you can over eat yourself out of any exercise you do.

So true! This was me two years ago! I was going to the gym at least 4 times a weeks (taking Spin classes) and I initially lost 10 pounds but never changed my eating and stalled with the weight loss. Since I started MFP and ate at a slight deficit I've gotten beyond my initial goal weight.