Need supportive friends as I start this journey

Options
Hi all, my name is Stacey and I am 48. I was 260 pounds for about 20 years. I went from working in an office to working two jobs as a waitress. 14 hour days and usually no days off. 110 pounds fell of me in 8 months without even trying. It was pretty amazing, from a 28 to an 8. I kept that off for a couple years then I got hurt at work and blew out 3 discs in my spine.
As I waited months for L&I to ok surgery I had to work less hours and started to eat to numb the pain. I gained back 30 pounds. Then, when surgery was finally scheduled my mom died. I spent that week making sure my dad was ok, helping him deal with the legal stuff and stuffing down my own feelings. Surgery was 10 days after she died and I came home from the hospital and started eating...everything. Trying to soothe myself I guess. I gained 40 pounds in 2 months.
Surgery on my spine did not help and it actually messed up my legs so even walking was too painful to accomplish. As I waited for another surgery I continued to gain weight. I hurt so much everything was painful, sitting and laying were even painful and the occasional trip to the grocery store was brutal.
Finally, 2 years later I had surgery to fuse my spine on Halloween. I weighed 240 that morning and promised myself I would not let myself gain more weight after surgery. Instead of drinking diet coke all day I now limit myself to one can and lots and lots of water. I don't have chips or chocolate or anything that I will binge on in the house. I lost 5 pounds in a month and decided to really go for it and joined this site to track my food and look for people who are supportive and need support given to them too. I start physical therapy next week and am excited to finally be able to maybe start doing some physical activities again. This surgery made the leg pain go down a lot so I am hopeful that I will be able to go on walks and one day get up my staircase again. Those stairs could really be a bonus for building strength.
So, if you are looking for a friend that gets it, that knows we can not be perfect every day but we can make small changes that add up and who is tired of beating herself up friend me! I will be supportive as we make this journey to better health together :flowerforyou:

Replies

• 1Clueless1
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I blew out my knee playing soccer. Had surgery for the acl, mcl, medial and lateral meniscus. And while my surgery was not as extensive as what you've been through I understand the weight gain from not being able to do much. It was three years ago and finally decided I had enough. I've lost 22since the end of August and have 15 more pounds to go. Hang in there! It might be a little slow but you will get there!
  • NewDavenport
    NewDavenport Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    you have me :) anytime you need to talk i'll be here
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    same here because it starts with each of us. WE can do this........
  • mommieoftwingirls12
    Options
    you've got friends here!! :)
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hello please feel free to add me. Please take care. This journey is long and hard. But you can do it. Bless you
  • jjpavio
    jjpavio Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 46 and have rheumatoid arthritis; I totally get being in pain, both emotionally and physically. I also know how powerful kinds words and messages of support can be. I'm happy to provide that; a journey is more like an adventure when friends come too!
  • Sandrose
    Sandrose Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to support you. Add me!
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    Feel free to add me, anyone! I am always on here, though I don't always log. I am super supportive though =)
  • kay930
    kay930 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. Could always use more MFP freinds!
  • Kirkwmj
    Kirkwmj Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I found that we have the same goals and we are here for one reason... support! I hope that you will become my friend and that we can help each other fulfill our weight loss goals!

I'm going into a fitness challenge "Biggest Loser" this Saturday and I'm going to need all of the support and accountability I can get! Should you need any help... I'm one click away! :)

Sincerely,
    Michelle
  • DeniseBarone
    DeniseBarone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Add me too!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Sending a friend request! You can do it!