Trying again...

Options
For what seems like the millionth time since my nearly 8 year old daughter was born, I am going to try to lose weight. I have done all the diets out there, and I fall off the wagon so fast it's not even funny. My Aunt is a member here, and has had some good success. I am hoping for the same. I have miles to go, but plan to take them in baby steps. The weather is finally nice so the kids and I can finally get outside and ride bikes and play. I'd love to say that this time is IT, but I have said that so many times that I'm not sure it's the way to put things. I am tired of being fat. I want to feel good, I want to feel sexy, I want to feel AWAKE and not be in PAIN anymore. It's time, the weight has to go, I have reached the end of my rope with this fat nonsense and this site is my knot to hold on to. Here's to all of us reaching high and going for it!!

Replies

• annrevels
    Options
    You can do it. You sound determined. I too have tried every diet, but this really seems to be working for me so far, but the first step is to get your mind right. Good luck.
  • Lisa03
    Lisa03 Posts: 18
    Options
    Good luck on your journey, its not easy, but being accountable on here helps !
    Lisa
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Hi! I joined 9 months ago, and did it for 2 months, and fell off the wagon. I'm back as well trying again. :) Hang in there. You can do this. Just do it in baby steps and make small goals that are easier to reach. :)
  • kels0724
    kels0724 Posts: 136
    Options
    good luck and good for you for making that first step towards change!! I have been on and off a few times- back at it AND DETERMINED TO STICK WITH IT!!

My advice- get involved with message boards and make friends on here right away- soon it will be a ton of fun and you won't want to fall off the wagon... good luck ;)
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    It is like riding a bike... If you fall off, you get back on (or is that a horse? ;) I have tried to lose many times. I lost 20 lbs (195 - 175) in 2005. I sort-of maintained that for the last few years, but started climbing back up to 179.8 pounds as of Jan 2010. That brought me too close to a BMI of 30, so I started dieting on my own and lost 10 lbs. Then, March 9th, I joined this wonderful site and have continued my weight loss for 5 more pounds. I am now 164.3. I lose about a pound a week on this plan. It seems to work for me and I hope it will work for you, too. BJB
  • iluvbread
    iluvbread Posts: 104
    Options
    good luck and good for you for coming back! log in everyday.....it definitely helps!
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! Stay positive...small steps. You will get there!

Struggles are required in order to survive in life because in order to stand up, you gotta know what falling down is like.
  • stormywxs
    stormywxs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Log in one day at a time. Find some freinds or join a thread group to help you stay accountable with someone else. Good luck!!!
    :happy: Stormy
  • Cmull
    Cmull Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome Amy,

OMG your post sounds just like me - although I have been wanting to lose the weight much longer. I have 4 children from 19 to 10 and I gained more weight with each birth (so sick during pregnancy that my body went into starvation mode with each one - ie. my metabolism is non-existent.) I also have tried everything, but stuck with nothing long enough to see many results. I love MFP - it is so simple and I am focusing on working out everyday and eating within my calorie goals - some days I eat all of my exercise calories, other days just some of them.

You can do this - we can do this!

I find myself with much more motivation after reading these boards - although I usually don't post. But when I read your post I just had to respond.