Opinions on my stats? (calling all 5'5ers!)

Options
I lost almost 60lbs and I've been hmming and hawwing about what to settle on as my goal weight for a looooooooong time now and keep changing my mind.

I currently weigh between 124 and 130 most of the time, depending on if I'm having a good month or a bad month.

Do you guys think that is a high weight for a girl of 5.5 and a half inches?

I see girls my height with much lower goal weights on here but I find it damned near impossible to go any lower in weight without feeling deprived, and I have no intention of cutting my intake any lower than 1500 calories as I never ate any less than that, otherwise I find that unsustainable weightloss ensues.

I like food.

But I want to look nice and healthy.

I have a few jiggly bits, but nothing major!

What do you lot think (especially anyone who is a similar height to me!) :smile: :smile: :heart: :heart: x

Replies

• DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and I'd love to be your weight. Sounds perfect and you look great!!!
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    It seems perfect! I'm 5'6" and me GW is 140!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6". I think your numbers seem fine!
    Perhaps toning more will give you the look you want?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    It all depends on how you feel, your BF%, how your BF is distributed, LBM and frame as to how you will 'look'. No one can tell you what is best for you tbh as that is one of the times where we are are different.

Point in case, I am 5 6" and I weigh 153 lb with a 20% BF% now and actually want to increase my weight while keeping my BF% constant (after I cut a bit more). I would love to end up nearer 160 lb..
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Sounds great to me!

I'm an inch shorter than you and between 129-133 currently. I'd like to be 125, but I'm pretty content where I am.

As long as you're comfortable with yourself, then I think you're fine... Don't worry about how much other people want to weigh. personally, I think you look incredible!
  • kelkelswls
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goal weight is 130-135. I think that you're at a healthy weight. Definitely don't starve yourself just cuz others are determined to be closer to underweight. I think our healthy weight is between 118 and 150, so you are right on. Besides it also depends on how muscle toned we are, muscle weighs more than fat but it takes up less space! All I can add is be happy in you not in other peoples ideals.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Your Body Mass Index is low to mid of the healthy range, what is your bodyfat percentage? If you are unhappy with your shape take up intense strength training.
  • I'm 5'5 and stuck at 138.. I think you look great! Wish I would have gone about weight loss as you did.. I did the whole 1200 calorie thing for a few months, now I'm struggling not to gain at 1450 :(
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'5.5" (that half-inch is important to us not-so-tall ladies!) and my current weight is about 126-127. I've been as low as 118-119 but found it extremely hard to maintain without starving myself plus I just looked too darn skinny. I spent most of the year around 120-122 but the past 3.5 months I've been bulking a bit while doing NROLFW.

Like @Sarauk2sf said a lot depends on your BF% and how you feel and look. I'm finding that the more weight lifting I do the leaner I look despite having a few extra pounds on my body. Plus I can really eat....I can do about 2200-2300/day to maintain my weight.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    It all depends on how you feel, your BF%, how your BF is distributed, LBM and frame as to how you will 'look'. No one can tell you what is best for you tbh as that is one of the times where we are are different.

Point in case, I am 5 6" and I weigh 153 lb with a 20% BF% now and actually want to increase my weight while keeping my BF% constant (after I cut a bit more). I would love to end up nearer 160 lb..

This. I have different stats than the OP, but my goal weight is about 20-30lbs higher than some other women who are my height (5'8, and I'd like to weigh 165-170). Reason being is because I have a large frame and I'm muscle-prone, and I am more than OK with that, plus I'll be focusing on an ideal BF% rather than an ideal weight, and lastly is because I like to EAT too. More muscle = higher metabolism = more food.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    If you think you are going to have to cut your net intake lower than 1500 to MAINTAIN at lower weight, then I would not suggest going lower. You want to make sure your goal weight is sustainable for the long term, and you don't end up yo-yoing.

If you can - then by all means, go for it!

That said, if you I have that "I feel fat" feeling, and you are in the middle of your healthy BMI range, then weight lifting is one of the best ways to get rid of it.

I can't stress that enough.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    well, I am 5'5" and at 150 but I started at 167 so that's better than nothing.......
  • Christina1939
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and 120, my goal is around 105-110 BUT this is only because I have a really small frame (I'm asian) so 120 isn't my natural weight - I just got greedy early this year with food haha. I think your weight goal sounds good, the most important thing is how YOU feel in your body - are you comfortable at that weight? If so then just work out to get rid of fat! Plus muscle will weigh more - :) good luck <3
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my goal weight is 140, but it might change once I get there depending on how I feel. Right now I'm 183 and a size 12/14. I also am 'big boned' and well-proportioned, got that hourglass pinup girl figure going on. So I've always weighed more than I look.

If you are still unhappy with your body, I would work on toning and sculpting. You look fabulous and great job on you weight loss! :drinker:
  • Summersenna
    Options
    I am 5'5 and my goal weight is 125!
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I think you are at a perfect weight and as so many others have said you look great. Just maintain your current weight and be happy. You have achieved what a lot of us are still working at.
  • paszekmonika
    paszekmonika Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I think you are at a perfect weight and as so many others have said you look great. Just maintain your current weight and be happy. You have achieved what a lot of us are still working at.

Exactly:) You look beautiful and as I remember you feel good in your skin. Just keep with this.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone :smile:

You have all put my mind at rest a little more.

I have a small frame, and also am unaware of my current BFP, so I will need to get this checked then adjust my goals accordingly! x
  • chocolatecroissant
    chocolatecroissant Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Really interesting to read all the variations of weights and goals which just goes to show how we're all different! I've been having a similar dilemma (see separate post) and for me it's a balance between losing weight and building muscle to look better - and getting that balance right. Incidentally I'm 5'4 and currently around 133 lbs.
  • darcy2102
    darcy2102 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    So, here's the other side of the coin. I'm 5ft 4.5 (yes that half inch is so important) and I weigh WAY more than any of the posters. I am a little overweight but I am also 50 (almost 51). I know I need to lose weight and I am working on it, but I cannot for the life of me visualize myself being 120 pounds. It's not that I think that the number is too low, (I was that weight all through my teens and 20's) it's just that I know that as I have aged, my view on what looks healthy on MY body has changed. I am aiming for a goal of being able to be active and not feel strained, to be able to run a 5k and feel that my body benefitted from the effort rather than wants to kill me. I kmow we all obsess about the number on the scale, but unless you are posting that number on a badge that you wear for all to see, no one will know it. You said that you are comfortable in your skin and that is more important the the scale. You have done a fabulous job, and you should be proud. People only see YOU, so let YOU shine through, and don't let the scale totally rule your life. The weight loss that got you to that number is amazing, and if you are living a healthy, happy life then you have met your GOAL!!!!!