50 something 'Pulling a Costanza'

Options
I'm kind of reserved but decided to Pull a Costanza and introduce myself to MFP. Looking for friends or even just an email once in while of people sharing their success or goals. Good luck to all.

Replies

• hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Good luck, best wishes and welcome.

Just log everything - no matter how sinful - it amazed me how much must have been creeping under my food-radar before I joined here.

Ignore the "Food Fascisti" and follow your star - but not your "gut" (instinct).

I often eat less than the magic 1200 but tend to ignore those who tell me I'm surely going to die as a result. - so far they've been wrong. One day perhaps ... ?
  • hughtwalker
    Options
    By the way, who is this "Constanza" on whom you are exerting pressure?
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    you mean like costanza, george ??:laugh:
  • hughtwalker
    Options
    ...George?
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Yep, George from Seinfeld. Referring to the episode that he just did the opposite of what he would normally do and finding different things starting happening for and to him.
  • FitNB
    FitNB Posts: 16
    Options
    Anyone who references Seinfeld is ok with me.

I have recently switched to a 2 day split routine with higher reps (12-15) because my joints were starting to ache too much. I keep things simple and consistent.

Feel free to add me.
  • jhc7324
    jhc7324 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yep, George from Seinfeld. Referring to the episode that he just did the opposite of what he would normally do and finding different things starting happening for and to him.
    Chicken salad, on rye, un-toasted with a side of potato salad ... and a cup of tea.
  • ShannonD13
    ShannonD13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Happy early festivus to all!!!
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, Festivus ... Love it!
  • Pammiel
    Options
    I'm with the 50 something, and I'm a happily married female. I have a god son who's an Orthodox priest who has lost 100 lbs as of this morning. I am IMPRESSED. He said he used this site as one of his tools. I joined last year, but with the holidays and my father's death, must have just forgotten about this site. I don't like being vulnerable either but I need encouragement. I am tired of frumpin around. I need to move more but lack motivation and energy which I KNOW is a catch-22. I want to lose 50 lbs, but I'll settle for ONE.
  • KathySue362
    Options
    Hi--You would think this would be the worst time to address the weight issue, right before the Holidays, but I actually am in the right frame of mind right now, so I'm going for it. Wishing you all success, especially through the "Season for eating." Festivus it is!
  • Pammiel
    Options
    Yes. I'm not going to make resolutions or any of that. I just want to improve. I'll need some consistent weight loss to encourage me. Any and all advice is appreciated
  • hughtwalker
    Options
    I'll stick with Christmas - I have a carol service to sing at on 23rd
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    were losing independent George!!!!! worlds are colliding!!
  • ShannonD13
    ShannonD13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I forgot about independent George! Thank goodness Kenny Rodgers Roasters didn't move in acoss from us. Too much temptation..what kind of bread was George fishing for?? Was it schnitzel rye?
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    I'm all about the 'big salad' :smile: I've been on MFP for over a year. When I joined I honestly didn't think I would 'friend' strangers or look at forums. Took me about 3 months to do so - should have 'taken the plunge' early as you're doing - some pretty amazing people on here. Not saying I'm one of them but feel free to add me. :laugh: all the best!